Chapter 10

Kaci's POV

I woke up before Ezra this morning, and went to the common room to sit down. I waited there until I thought Ezra would be awake. When he didn't come in there I went back to our cabin.

I walked in and Ezra was lying on the bunk with Ephraim on his chest, with Ephraim's face right above his. I walked over, picked up Ezra's head, sat down, and placed his head in my lap.

He looked up at me. I looked at Ephraim, "I think he missed you more than anyone else."

He laughed lightly, "I don't know. Kanan seemed pretty torn up."

We both laughed. I stroked Ephraim's head, and he looked at me almost with gratitude.

"Told you I would get him back, Ephraim."

Ezra looked up at me, I looked him in the eyes, "Kaci, I'm sorry I left. I only wanted to protect you."

"I know."

We sat in silence for a little while, then I broke the silence, "I've been thinking, before one of us dies we should get married."

Ezra sat up, "One of us isn't going to die."

"It's going to happen."

"I don't think we should."

"No one has to know, just me and you."

We sat quietly for what seemed like hours, "Ezra, do you have a middle name?"

"Nope. You?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to tell me?"

"Maybe."

"Your middle name is maybe?" He chuckled lightly.

"No," I shoved him, "dumby! It's- it's Melody. Kaci Melody Macintosh."

"Well, Kaci Melody Macintosh will you become Kaci Melody Bridger?"

"Yes, Ezra Bridger."

"My Tower tomorrow at midnight."

"Agreed."

Hera's POV

I heard giggling and running coming to the cockpit. Ezra came sliding down the ladder with Kaci right behind him. They went to run past me, and I grasped his arm.

"Ezra don't run around. You could get hurt. You're not fully healed."

He rolled his eyes at me, "Does that mean I can't do anything?"

"Here are the rules: 1. Stay on your cabin level 2. No running or messing around and 3. No leaving the Ghost. Understood?"

"Fine, fun killer. Actually you're not my mo-"

"Oh, no no no. That won't work on me. Now, Ezra Bridger you better get back up to your cabin."

"No."

"Ezra you better get your whiny butt up to your cabin!"

"Geez Hera, who pissed in your caf this morning?"

"Ezra! No swearing on my ship! You all have gotten into a bad habit of it, and I'm putting a stop to it! Now!"

They both marched off to their cabin.

Ezra's POV

I could feel my frustration all through my bones. I growled, and mumbled nasty things under my breath.

Kaci put a hand on my shoulder, "Woah Ezra, just take a deep bre-"

"Does that over protective, green beast know how bored I will get? Plus who's clothes are these and where are mine?"

Kaci laughed at my final question. Still chuckling she answered me, "How 'bout I go ask her?"

She turned and left the room, and I threw myself down on my bunk, "Oh, ow ow ow!"

All of a sudden I had a major headache, "HERA!"

I lay on my bunk with my hands pressed to my head, waiting for Hera to arrive. The door slid open. The noise set off a sharp pain right behind my eyes. Hera rushed over, "Ezra, are you okay?"

"Hera, why does my head hurt so bad?"

"The concussion."

Hera ran out of the room right before I lost consciousness, and it all went black.

Kaci's POV

I rushed to the med-bay where Hera was busying about. She grabbed a wet, cold rag and went to mine and Ezra's cabin. I followed closely behind. She rushed in and put the rag on Ezra's forehead.

After Hera left I waited for Ezra to wake up for about an hour, and while I waited it started storming. He eventually woke up, "Kaci?" He was rubbing his head, "How long have I been out?"

I looked at my wrist, in mock of checking the time, "Oh, two hours. It's late and everyone else has already headed off to bed. Want to get to sleep?"

"Yeah."

Thunder cracked in the distance, and I jumped. Ezra chukled and wrapped his arm around my waist as I sat down. We sat on the bunk in silence for a long time, then thunder cracked again, this time I kind of squeaked and yelped at the same time. Ezra looked at me, "Easy there. I got ya."

We laid down for an hour and Ezra fell asleep, but I lay awake while it stormed. It stormed all night and through the morning. I left our cabin around midnight afraid to wake Ezra. I sat in the common room for hours waiting for everyone to wake up.