2 - I Need Your Love to Guide Me Back Home

So the picture is Ashton's dorm room. I kind of made the headboard of the bed thicker so that you can place items on top of it since there isn't a bedside but otherwise this is basically it. 

Obviously there's duvets and pillows added and Ashton's roommate would have decorated his side of the room but since Ashton's blind and the story is in his perspective it's not described so you can imagine it how you want.

Not much Lashton in this chapter but the next two chapters are written already and there's a lot more.

I think the story will get a lot better from chapter 3 and onwards so I'm sorry this is kind of crap but hopefully you'll continue to read.

If you enjoy please comment and vote. I'd really appreciate that. :) - Vanessa

***

Ashton didn't know where he was or how far off he'd ventured but by the constant buzzing of the phone in his pocket he knew it was far enough away that his family couldn't find him. He knew he should answer and he felt guilty for not but he just felt so broken inside. He'd never once heard of someone rejecting their soulmate but it had happened and of course it had to happen to him.

His legs hurt from walking so much as he was never one to walk for so long. It was quiet and he didn't know what the time was but nothing seemed to matter anymore. He could feel Luke still. It wasn't often that he felt through the bond as he only felt terribly strong emotions but Luke's guilt and regret was consuming him with its intensity. He could no longer feel any disappointment only worry and blame but it didn't matter to Ashton. The feeling of Luke pulling away from him and the discontent Luke had felt towards him was enough.

He was starting to feel slightly chilly and perhaps started feeling a little worried. He pulled the phone out of his back pocket and asked Siri what the time was. Ashton gasped in shock and fear when he realised it was almost nine o'clock at night. He didn't have a jacket or any clue where he was. He sighed in relief when he heard his phone buzzing again but just before he could answer it it stopped. He tried to press the home button to get Siri to call his mom but no sound came from the phone.

He knew his phone must've died and in that moment he felt so terrified it was almost like he couldn't breathe. He didn't know what to do or where he was. All he knew was that the breeze was picking up and he was cold and afraid it would rain. The area was eerily quiet and his legs hurt. He could feel his eye welling with tears and before he could will them away they spilt over. He bit his lip to hold back a sob but it burst out of him and before he knew it he was full on bawling.

Ashton could feel Luke's worry increase through the bond so much that it seemed as though he was almost as afraid as Ashton was. He knew Luke was feeling Ashton's fear through the bond which was clearly making him more worried but he didn't understand why. Luke didn't want him. Luke was disappointed in him. He left because Ashton wasn't good enough so he hardly thought it was necessary for him to be feeling this way.

He wiped at his eyes furiously and his legs began to shake slightly with fear and exhaustion beneath him. He needed to rest but he didn't know where to go. Ashton bent slowly and brushed his hand across the ground hoping he could feel a familiar texture. He sighed in relief when he felt tar that clearly indicated a road. He felt a bit further to each side and felt his hand hit what seemed to be pavement to his left. He needed to make sure he stayed near the pavement to avoid walking too far out into the road when it was getting so late.

Ashton turned around and hoped that if he just walked straight that he'd be able to get back. He'd been walking for hours, however, and he didn't know how much longer he could keep going. He knew resting in an unfamiliar area was unsafe though and he would rather keep walking than take that risk.