3 - I Told Myself That I'm Never Gonna Be Alright

So there's the bathroom that Ashton describes in this chapter. The toilet stalls are opposite the showers (I just added that in since you can't actually see where the toilets are and that seemed like the best place to put them).

As you can see the shower curtains are further in but I changed that and made it so that the shower curtains are right in the beginning (don't know if that makes sense), so basically there's space between the shower curtain and the actual shower.

Just thought I'd explain that so you're not confused later on.

There's a lot more Lashton in this chapter and even though the writing still isn't too great because the feels excited me, I still kind of like this chapter.

Ashton can be a pretty confusing person and sometimes he doesn't always know what he wants but I think that makes him more realistic so I hope you don't get annoyed by that.

Please let me know if you notice any grammatical or spelling errors.

If you enjoy, please comment and vote. :) - Vanessa

***
When Ashton woke up the next morning to his alarm blaring, he startled awake for a moment forgetting where he was. When yesterday's events came rushing back all he wanted to do was lie back down and sleep for forty-eight hours despite having just woken up.

"Hello?" Ashton called out nervously, checking if his roommate was around. He shuffled around the bed nervously, not sure whether he was asleep or not. He didn't hear any snoring but not everyone snores or breathes heavily while sleeping. He decided to go over to their bed and feel for himself. If his roommate was actually there, then this probably wouldn't be the best introduction so he silently prayed he didn't sleep here last night.

Ashton didn't usually wear his sunglasses around the house but this wasn't his home and he didn't think his roommate would like to wake up to Ashton's lifeless eyes so he felt around until his hands landed on the sunglasses by his phone on the headboard. After slipping them on, he hesitantly slid off the bed and slowly walked to the other side of the room.

He outstretched his hands to feel out for the bed but unfortunately ended up stubbing his toe on it anyways. After a few colourful curses he finally felt around the bed and sighed in relief when he felt the bed perfectly made and uninhabited.

It was six o'clock in the morning as Ashton knew he would need extra time this morning to sort through everything and make sure it was easily accessible.

After two hours, Ashton had successfully printed two versions of his timetable on his braille writer; one was inside his bag should he need it and the other was stuck on the side of his cupboard above his bed. He'd sorted his textbooks on the shelf between the cupboards according to which lessons he needed them for and when he would need them so he could just pull them out.

He'd decided he would take his laptop and braille display with him to his lessons should he need to research or wanted to go to the library in between lessons so he simply left those in his bag. The braille writer would stay on the desk for when he needed to do homework.

He put all his reading books in the drawers under his bed because he didn't want to take up all the shelf space as he knew his roommate would be needing it as well. He had a lot of books so they took up much of the drawer space but he didn't mind as it wasn't like he was going to be putting anything else in there.

After making sure his towels were hanging on the rack on the side of the cupboard, he made sure he felt his way around the room and memorized where everything was so that it was easy to get around. Usually he would just allow himself to adapt over time but he wasn't sure what kind of roommate he would have and didn't want to annoy him by accidently confusing their things or messing stuff up.