Chapter 4: The Two Players; L's Appearance!

**** Minna-san! Thanks for reading this and reaching this part of the story!~ ****

- Amai's POV -

"W-what?"

"I said, would you like to go out with me sometimes?"

I couldn't believe it! Light Yagami... asking me out? This is... unbelievable! But wait! I know him. He must be planning something behind his back, being his ominous self and all.

I quickly stood up while carrying my books. "That's so sweet of you Light, but someone I just recently met to ask me out? Just so you know, I'm not that gullible. Now if you excuse me, I'll be late for my next class. It was nice meeting you."

I bowed, and started to leave.

At the back of my mind. In the farthest corner of my brain. Somehow, I wanted to punch myself for declining a once-in-a-lifetime offer.

- Light's POV -

I watched in amazement as she immediately denied my offer and quickly leave.

"Hahaha. So, she's not that stupid after all," Ryuk teased.

I shot him a glare, before turning my head back towards my desk. So it seems she wasn't an idiot who'd easily fall for my good looks and tricks. Now this is getting quite interesting. I managed to give off a chuckle.

Ryuk tapped my shoulder,trying to get my attention (Well, tried, since his hand passed through). "Hey, what's so funny Light?"

I stood up from my table, picked up my things, and headed towards the door. I grabbed an apple from my backpack, and threw it to the shinigami.

"I like this. This game she's playing," I told the god of death.

He was still chewing the apple while asking, "Waddaya' mean?"

"Hahaha! Very well Amai Nakahara. You are now considered as one of my two players in this little game of mine." I stated while walking down the hallway.

"Two? Who's the other one?" Ryuk asked.

"Don't be ridiculous Ryuk! Have you really forgotten who's the other one?" I said.

The shinigami scratched his head. "Uh, kind of... Oh wait! I remember now..."

I nodded slowly.

"Yes, it's the most famous detective in the world, L."

Somewhere, in a certain headquarters...

- L's POV -

I watched as the numerous cubes of sugar floats and dissolves from my cup of tea.

"Ryuzaki," a familiar voice uttered.

I spun my chair around to face Watari. "Yes, what is it?"

"It would seem that Mr. Yagami and the others have found a clue that could be linked to Kira. They would be arriving here shortly," the butler explained.

I nodded in approvement, then went back to face the screen, in search for anything, even a speck, that may result to the whereabouts of Kira.

After a few minutes, Chief Yagami and the others arrived with a folder in arm.

"Ryuzaki, I think we have a lead on how Kira kills," the Chief explained.

"Yes, yes. He needs a name and a face to kill apparently," I said while typing away at my laptop.

"Yeah but..." Matsuda interrupted, his hands scratching the back of head

Once again, I spun my chair around to face them. "What is it Matsuda?"

"Well.. we have a theory," he further explained. I continued to listen, my legs in its usual position and the tip of ny thumb hanging from the corner of my mouth.

He showed me a pamphlet, which revealed an image of what looked like a university.

"Based on all the information we could compile, I think Kira may be a college students and attends here," Yagami explained further.

I grabbed the pamphlet from Matsuda, and read it, my two fingers holding onto the tip of the paper.

"Interesting," I uttered. I carefully placed the flyer down and told Watari to go and prepare the necessary arrangements. He seemed to get the idea, so he nodded and went off.

"Uhh, excuse me Ryuzaki, but what exactly are you planning right now?" asked Aizawa.

I gave off a smile, "Of course, I'll go check myself if Kira's really there. I will attend the said university."

- End of Chapter 4 -