THE FINAL CHAPTER: A NEW BEGINNING

**** I decided that this will be the finale of my story since I'm too busy with school works and all. Prepare yourselves... and get ready for-- Yeah I'm just gonna skip that intro ****

- Location: ???
POV: Amai -

"Where... where am I?"

"Is this a dream?"

"Is someone there?"

I lift my head up, finding myself to be standing over a never-ending darkness. I was alone. No other being was with me. As I stepped onto the tile that emits light from every touch, I stopped at a certain point where there rested a tiny figure. I slowly reached out and grabbed whatever it is, only to find black smoke from my hands. "Crap! It disappeared!!" I looked around to see if there's anything that I could use to escape from this hellish place... but it looks like I'm on my own again.

"... I should really stop being so pessimistic and just move on," I muttered  under my breath as I went to explore the place more.

- Location: Following Amai's trail
POV: L's -

"Where is she going at a time like this?" I say as I observed her from my half-opened car window. Watari seems to have no problem of following the "now-transformed-into-a-demon" Amai Nakahara, but it won't be long before she can shake us off.

But my vision were suddenly astounded as the black creature suddenly landed in front of a warehouse, her eyes glowing as if she's a wild animal ready to kill. Her claws slit through the huge doors with ease. She stepped inside, and let out an ear-shattering growl.

Without second thoughts, I ordered Watari to stop the car. As he did so, I quickly stepped out and followed Amai, only to be greeted by a huge gaping hole located inside the abandoned warehouse.

"W-what is the meaning of this?"

- Location: Almost near to the abandoned warehouse
POV: Light's -

As soon as I received the call from my dad, I rushed to see him and joined the police crew in following Amai. As we were inside the vehicle, my father started explaining the events that had happened while I was busy writing Misa's name in the Death Note. "So... she transformed into a demon and just left, like that?" I stated while eyeing Ryuk who was sitting between me and my dad.

"Don't look at me. I didn't do anything!" The shinigami gave off a look that otherwise shows he was REALLY hiding something.

As I felt the car coming to a stop, the dark aura being emitted inside the old warehouse seemed to be too strong to even give me chills. I was the first one to step out of the car, and the first one to find Ryuzaki, Amai, and a huge hole. Wait.

"... what the heck is that?!"

- Location: ???
POV: Amai's -

"GAH! I'm so tired!!" I exclaim as I took a quick breather and just lie down on the non-existing floor. My head darted to the sides, and wondered if I could get out of this suckish place.

As if right on cue, something shiny fell down on my face, which made me yelp like a little girl. Good thing no one was there to witness such an embarrassing act. I grabbed the certain object, and watched as it suddenly transformed into a weird...looking...

"KEY!" I stated while glancing towards the mysterious door two steps in front of me. "Wait. when did that get here? Oh, never mind. I could use this to finally get out of here!" As I went forward and inserted the metal object in the hole, a slight breeze ran through my nape, and a voice echoed inside the black room. "Things will finally come to an end."

My expression changed into a serious one as I turned the key and opened the door.

- Location: The Abandoned Warehouse

POVs: L's
           Light's

           Amai's -

"What are you doing?" I say as I watch Amai, with her feathery hands extended, reach out for the hole, looking like she was about to close it.

"Something that should've been done a long time ago, Light Yagami."

"We don't understand... why are you even here? What is your purpose?" I ask her the vital question before it was too late. "Tell us, who is AMAI NAKAHARA?!"

Time will eventually run out, so I better not mess this up like I do with other things. "Heh... you'll know soon enough." I say with a quick chuckle as I closed the rip and vanished before their very eyes.

*****

- Location: To-Oh University
POV: Light's -

"... Light Yagami," I stated with a bow. Everyone in the audience clapped their hands, showing off their impressed looks with me, the honor student. 'W-wait... what am I doing here all of a sudden?' My mind suddenly felt like it was shifted from one place to another... if that's even possible.

"Must be imagining things..." I mutter under my breath as I continued to look up before stepping down and greeting my family who had warm smiles and proud faces. "That's my son," dad exclaimed.

- Location: Some place unknown to people (except Watari)
POV: L's -

I sighed as I finished cracking another mystery that was unable to solve even by 12 detectives combined. Watari stepped out from the shadow and handed me my usual cup of tea and a bunch of sweets, like usual. I gave off a slight smile and I reaches out for a piece of chocolate and ate it with contentment. But a suddenly tinge of emptiness suddenly filled my chest, as if someone important in my life was suddenly... gone.

"Is something the matter, Ryuzaki?" Watari questioned with worry. I shook my head in dismay. "Nothing..."

- Location: The Real World
POV: Amai's -

"Ahhh! Another glorious day!~" I sang happily after hearing my alarm tone, which was L's theme B. I got up from my bed, wore a matching red and brown shirt and pants, and headed outside to be greeted by my friend, Reina. "Hey Amai! Cool necklace! Lovin' the blackness of it."

"Huh?... What... necklace?" I looked down at my chest to find a black key hanging around my neck. Weird. It wasn't there before when I left the house... but it's kinda cool. So, finders keepers! "Come on! Let's go eat some sweets for breakfast!" I said while skipping happily towards the nearest cafe to order a big slice of strawberry cake.

Being my normal, clumsy self, I didn't look to where I was going, and accidentally bumped into someone, making me lose my own balance and fall hard on my butt. "Owwwww!!" Reina was a little too far behind me, and so she quickly ran but somehow stopped her movements when the guy I bumped into offered his hand. "Hey... are you okay? Sorry about that."

"N-no... it's..." I look up to find the mysterious stranger having a familiar look (not to mention expression), on his face. My heart suddenly skipped a beat, which was kinda weird because I don't usually fancy boys.

"What's your name, pretty lady?" he asked with a slight smile.

"I-I'm Amai..."

"That's a very sweet name. I'm Ryuzaki, by the way," he introduced himself while slightly scratching his heel with his bare foot.

- END -

Thanks for supporting guys!!~ I love you all! *hugs and kisses from me and the Death Note family even though most of them are already dead*