Chapter 15: ... a Dream?

**** Sorry for not updating for almost one and a half weeks nakamas! And for leaving you with a cliffhanger on the last chapter.. c:

The doll in this story was inspired by the dolls in the horror pixel game, Ib. The picture of it can be found at the right side.. ****

- POV: Amai's

Location: Her bedroom -

I woke up, gasping for air.

"I... it was all, a dream?" I frantically searched for my cellphone to check the time. It was still early morning. Everything that I dreamt of before occurred during the afternoon, after school. Should I go ahead and call Light to check if something weird had happened? Or maybe Ryuzaki?

"No," I said to myself while locking my phone. "I could never let them find out about this. They're smart enough to figure out that this dream has something to do with my existence in this world."

"Keyholder..."

The room suddenly seemed to be moving as I notice the presence of a vague shadow standing in front of me. It was as tall as Ryuk, and it's eyes seem to be a glowing crimson.

"Wha...what are you? Who are you?" I tried to choke out.

Suddenly, its hand slowly extended, as if it will grab me. I tried to stifle a scream, but no sound came out from my mouth. I awaited my fate, as the unknown creature slowly shrouded me with darkness, and lifted my soul away from my body.

---

"Mama! Mama!!" A little girl shouted while waving her right hand towards the horizon. A figure of a woman with black, braided hair is shown while having a sincere smile plastered upon her face. "Amai."

The energetic little girl ran towards her mother, but as soon as she was about to reach her hand, the image of her beloved mother vanished into thin air. "Mama?"

Now the little girl was all alone. She looked around to see if anyone or anything was with her at that time. Then her attention turned to a ragged doll which was placed under an oak tree. Little Amai went and picked it up. The doll had red buttons as her eyes held by black stitches. It had blue-colored skin, black hair and a wide grin also made up of the black stitches was sewn on it. In a normal person's view, the said toy would seem that it came from hell itself, as to it being weird and creepy. But Amai enjoyed the company that the doll is giving her. She even gave it a name.

"Hambo, what should we play next?" She said while throwing the doll up in the air before catching it again. Little Amai never got bored of Hambo. She would happily play with him forever.