Chapter 9

(Unedited, 1st draft)

Chapter 9

"Let me go" I screamed, hoping someone nearby would hear my cry for help as I spin around releasing myself from my capture hold. Pulling my hood back down bring the gray light coming from the clouds above to shine down upon me to see Sophia lean down with her hands on her knees laughing.

"That was great, I've never scared anyone that badly before." She said between each laugh. I looked back down the alley to see Victor was no longer there, guessing he had gone out the other way so it didn't look so suspicious about us being together. "You and my brother look cozy with one another just now."

"It's not what it looked like. I know the rules and I made them very clear to him that I had no intention of breaking them." I reply, hoping she wouldn't go off telling others about the way she had seen us together.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone, but I will admit I've never seen my brother so fond of someone like he is with you." She smiled, but I could see the mischief lingering in her eyes. "I can't help but think what going to happen once the Beast takes you away and what my brother will do."

"What do you mean takes me?" I question, thinking she might know about me being the key to the Beast undoing. "What makes you think that Beast won't kill me like he does most the girls the night of the Blood Moon?"

"I didn't mean it in the state of taking you as its mate, but more in the sense of killing you if you're not its mate that is." She explains looking about the village to see that there still wasn't that many people about. "Either way it will be taking you away from my brother along with the rest of your family members.

"I'm sure your brother will be more devastated if something happened to you before something happen to me instead," I reply, wanting her to know she was more important than me in Victor life. "Even if the Beast did take one or both of us away there nothing he can do about it. It's been this way for centuries now."

It seems my statement made her delusional, making her laugh once again. "You really don't understand my brother affection throws you. I know my brother would try to take some kind of ravage if the Beast killed me, but with you he's been trying to find some kind of loophole to get you out from entering those woods during the Blood Moon tomorrow night."

"But there is no way out of it," I confirmed, thinking how all this was slowly starting to turn into some crazy nightmare, which it seem to be revolving around the Blood Moon. I was starting to believe that there was something more to the moon turning blood red than just the Beast finding its mate.

Thinking back to the pond and hearing the Blood Moon being called the Lovers Moon could be clue to want was really going on. Was this certain moon coming upon us, have a power of its own to make people feel love when really it was all an illusion. That's the why Victor was feeling for me was just some spell and not really how he felt, but he didn't know this. That seems to make more sense than everything else than what I have been able to come up with on my own.

"There always another way out of something if you look hard enough. It's just that no one has figured it out quite yet. I'm sure if Victor keeps looking he'll find the answer and take you away from here before the Blood Moon rises." Sophia went out saying, even though I have a different outlook on the Blood Moon now. "I must be going. Carter is probably wondering where I ran off to, but I couldn't help but spy on my brother when I saw him with you." I watched her walk away thinking if I should have told her my thought on the Blood Moon.

Looking up at the sky has more snow start to fall down around me, I search for some kind of break in the clouds to see some kind of sun rays but saw nothing. Seeing everything so dull of gray tone made me fearful for tomorrow night if the clouds cover the moon would the Beast still be seeking its mate if it didn't see that the moon had changed color?