Chapter 5

(This is a Very rough draft, I've gone through it a few times, but it still needs lots of work, so please overlook the grammar or word phasing. Plus this chapter is more of a filter chapter about what's going on with Laiya.)

Chapter 5

As the next day came and went I locked myself inside avoiding Peter. Thinking how I was told they were related was repeated over again in my mind, confusing me why Peter didn't tell me himself, but kept it from me. I felt betrayed that he had kept such a secret from me that I didn't know if I could trust him anymore.

Then there was the way my family had been acting around me ever since that dinner party, I knew it had something to do with the power I had felt when I had stopped the food fight. My mother couldn't look at me without letting a single tear running down her face as she shook her head and turn away from me. My father wouldn't even talk to me anymore, when I try to ask him why he hated the Sterling family. He would just walk away from me, as if I wasn't there.

My life was becoming a swirl of mystery and I didn't know who I could turn to get answers from at this point. I didn't know if I could wait till the night before the Blood Moon to go to Grandma's house, knowing she was the key to all these secret. I needed answers now, so I could play them out in my plans before I walked out into the forest to be sacrificed to the Beast.

Sitting here unable to sleep, I looked up at the moon to see it was turning a darker shape of pink now, but not quite the deep blood red color it had been that night thirteen years ago. That was the night everything had turned upside down for me and I was unsure what the beast would do to me if he notice me from all those years ago.

"Laiya," I heard Peter's voice shout from below me. Turning my head to look down at him I could make out his heart broken expression in the moonlight shining down upon him. "Please come down, I need to talk to you?"

"No Peter, go back to work and leave me alone. We have nothing to talk about." I yelled down at him, not caring if I woke-up my parents.

"Don't do this Laiya. I don't understand what I did wrong and why you won't talk to me." He shouted back up at me. "Stop boycotting me. You've been nothing but distance from me since that devil family shown up."

I was shocked by the way he talked about them but I try not to since he was unaware that I knew he was related to them. "They have nothing to do with me avoiding you. You're just as bad as my family by keeping secrets from me, there's nothing to talk about now."

"Secrets?" He looked puzzled with this enlightenment. "What secret have I kept from you Laiya?"

"It doesn't matter now Peter, I know the truth about you and your family. I had to hear it from someone else and not from my best friend. Now leave me alone, I have nothing else to talk to you about." Done talking to him about this I closed the shutters and laying down while he screamed out my name.

I laid there as Peter's voice grew louder with each shout till I finally heard my father's voice, "Peter, go back to your stands. She doesn't want to talk to you, when she's ready to talk I'll send her to you." Was the last thing I heard before feeling the door swing shut, "Laiya come down here now."

Claiming down the latter, I could feel my Pa's rage as he waited for me to come back down. When I turn around his normal sky blue eyes had turned a stormy dark blue as he crossed his arms over his chest looking slightly down at me. "I don't know what's going on between you and Peter, but this needs to stop. All you've been doing is since we had dinner with that family is close out the people who care about you."

"I'm not shutting anyone out, I'm just not talking to those who have been keeping secrets from me. The more I ask question to what's going on, all I get is a cold shoulder or a lie from those who should be telling me what's going on, so I can prepare for what's to come, but you won't tell me." I found myself shouting at him with my body slowly starting to shake. The energy I had felt the night when I had stopped the food fight was slowly starting to sink back into me. "Did you know Peter is related to the Sterling family?"

Blood Moon MateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara