Chapter 6

(Unedited, please don't go through correcting me grammar or bad talking about it, thank.)

Chapter 6

I sat on the step after Victor left watching the town people walking along the dirt road getting things ready for the Blood Moon in two night's time. I couldn't stop thinking about what it could be that my grandmother would tell me tomorrow night and how it would affect me the following night of the Blood Moon. I was more terrified the likelihood of seeing the Beast and becoming its hostage, then the chance on saving Penelope would be harder than arranged.

I thought about what Victor had assumed about my family being part of the horrible nightmare. That there could be a chance that the secret they been keeping was that my family had something to do with this Beast's arrival. What I was having problems understanding was what made him have such repulsive accusations about us when he only just meet us three days ago. It seems that the stories that he heard growing up had been slightly different than the ones I had growing up, but there had to be more to it than just that though.

"Laiya?" I heard a girl's voice break though my train of thoughts. Looking up I saw Sophia standing there with a purple cloak, holding a basket in her hands, looking down at me with a concern look upon her face. "What are you doing out here in your nightgown?"

Looking down I notice that she was right, that I was still in deep still in my sleepwear. That hadn't crossed my mind when I ran out of my house earlier, which also explain why some of the villagers had been giving me odd looks. "I left my house in the middle of the night I didn't think about it." I reply shrugging my shoulders. My mind had been preoccupied that I hadn't really care and even now it didn't matter to me.

She place the basket on the ground has he untie the cloak she was wearing before handing it over to me. "Here you don't need the other villagers seeing you like this. It's very un-lady like to run around in your sleepwear."

Not wanting to seem rude, I took it throwing it over my shoulders. The cloth was much thicker than the simple brown one I normally wore when the weather started changing. "Thank You."

"You're welcome," She spoke, sitting down next to me with a deep sigh. Still looking over at her I could since she was worried about something, but I could quite understand what it could be. When she finally turns to look over at me, I saw her deep brown eyes waving in fear. "Can I ask you something has a friend?" I shook my head, inadequate to know what it could be that cause her appearance to change suddenly, "Do you believe in the Beast?"

Not sure on how to answer her question truthfully without sounding derange. I had never told anyone about seeing the Beast during the last full moon and the only other person who knew was my grandmother. "I would suppose, why do you ask?"

"It's just where I come from we always hear how the beast terrorize the other village, but it seems to pick this one over all the others. Victor swears it's just the hunters playing a trick on their village and that during the Blood Moon they group together to frighten everyone in believing in this Beast." She sigh hanging her head, "But even that doesn't make sense to me. Why who people want to hurt their own kind, I think I'm slowly starting to lose it."

"Sophia, believe me when I say the Beast is real. Our hunters and guards who never do anything to hurt us on purpose. They even told stories about seeing a glimpse of it has it ran throws our village, killing anything that gets in its way." I blurt out, without fully thinking about what she would think.

She peers back up at me as if she was trying to read what I had been telling her was true or false. "Your father's a hunter, as he ever told stories about seeing the Beast?" The way she was questioning my father remind me how Victor had assumed that my family had something to do with the Blood Moon.