Part 4 - the crush

"I'm sorry, Dante, but no!"
"Alice don't walk away from me! I want you to stay away from Zane! It's not safe!" I wasn't even listening anymore. The boys keep telling me to stay away from him! They all gave up on trying to reason with me... Except for Dante. I finally turned around. "Dante, he may be different. Maybe he's done some bad things. But I trust him! You can't change that! I'm going to go talk to Aphmau." Okay so maybe I lied straight to dante's face... But I really need to see Zane right now, and I'll see Aphmau later about an important thing. I walked up to the door of the house Zane is staying at. Everyone seems to be afraid of him. I won't pry for answers. But I do need to see him. "I'm sorry, Princess Alice but Zane is-" his guard was cut off by the opening of the door. It was Zane! I don't know why, but when I see him, I get an odd feeling in my stomach. It usually goes away as fast as it came, but why is it there in the first place? "Uh, hey Zane. I wanted to talk to you."
"I know. My guards can be a bit... Overprotective I guess. Come in." I smiled and walked in. "So what is it you wanted to talk about?" I look down at the floor. "What did you do to the village?" He sighed. I knew he didn't want to talk about it, but I need to know. "Alice, I know we're good friends, but it something I can't talk about. At least not now. When I'm ready to talk about it, you'll be the first person I come to." I begin to tear up. Then he puts a hand on my shoulder and I look up at him. "I'll come to you first, Alice. I promise. " I stop tearing up because I know he will. "Okay. I need to talk to Aphmau. See you later, then." I walk out the door to see Dante standing there. I guess he was waiting for me. "Wow. I didn't know this was Aphmau's house."
"Dante, but out. You're very protective and I respect that but please just don't." I walked away and up to Aphmau's house. "Hey Alice. Is everything okay?" I grab her wrist and pull her into the house and shut the door. "This is important. NO ONE can know about what I'm about to tell you." "I'm listening."
"So if I told you I liked someone, how would you react..."
"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!! WHO!?"
"Oh no... Your all fan girls, aren't you?"
"YUP! NOW, WHO!?"
"Okay okay. It's-" a hear a twig snap on the other side of the door. "Someone's listening... Zane!?" I open the door to see a running Zane. "Zane, get back here!"