Have You Played?

Clara sat cross legged on her bed. She had locked the door and had made sure that it had a nice strong, wood bolt to hold it closed. She was about to read the last few entries of the Doctors diary. It felt wrong yet thrilling. She hadn't really done to much this month other than watch the Doctor try to fix the console -Which was not broken by her. He was the one piloting it that time. So now, instead of going into his library, which she'd gone into a lot now, or swim in the pool, or find any other activity she was going to read his diary. Funny how he never said it wasn't a diary.

Flipping open the small, leather bound book she scanned through until she found the latest entries. She wouldn't technically /read/ them, just skim over like she did in school when they had been forced to read 'Merchant in Venice' by Shakespeare (The story was good, but it was better to be watched instead of read.) Through her skimming she found that he was nursing affection for her but there was nothing more. That was good. It meant she didn't have to force herself from being a bit more open with the mad genius.

She gasped when she heard a knock at her door. She was paying too much attention to her thoughts to remember to listen for him.

"Clara, can I come in?" He asked in his usual happy demeanor.

"Uh, yeh, just a sec. Let me get decent first." She called back to the door. Quickly, she put away the book in her bag and threw on some proper clothes instead of her over large shirt which her ex boyfriend had given her. She un-dead-bolted the door and let the Doctor in.

He took a quick glance around the room. "Have you seen my wrench? I lost it."

"No, I haven't." She raised a brow questioning why there would be a wrench in her room. She wasn't into that kinky stuff.

"Oh, okay. It's the only way I can put the console back in place. So, if you see it."

"I'll chuck it to you." She replied during his pause.

"Thanks." He shifted his weight to his other foot.

"Anything else?"

"I made dinner tonight."

"Yum, I'll be down in a bit." She said happily.

"See you in the dining room. The one with red curtains,  not purple."

"Red, not purple." She echo'd with a nod. Getting the dining rooms confused was embarrassing enough without one trying to drown you in dull cutlery. Seriously though, how did that even work?

He turned with a smile and strode to the dining room. He had even folded the napkins to look like farm animals.

She showered for the second time this day letting the shampoo soak into her hair then washing it out. When she ended her quick shower she put on her red dress. She did favour the color red quite happily, you could hardly ever go wrong with red, unless it's on a dead cold war soldier. Not a pleasant sight.

She jogged to the dining room with the red curtains and stood just outside the door for a moment to catch her breath. When she had her breathing back to it's usual, well, what it's supposed to be at (usual would be panting from being chased around by Daleks, Icewomen -where did that come from?-, Ice Warriors, parasitic gods trying to eat your memories, and a variety of other scary things that hurt) she opened the door a took a few step in before being pulled into a hug by the Doctor.

"Merry Thanksgiving!" He said excitedly spinning them a full three-sixty degrees.

Was it really Thanksgivings or was he being weird again? "Merry thanksgiving." She responded holding onto him as her feet left the ground while they spun.

"I made turkey, edible turkey." He said proudly like a kid who just built a big blanket fort without the dog (or cat) knocking it down or a teen who just asked their crush on a date successfully.

"Are you sure?" She teased laughing.

"Of course I'm sure. I'm the king of sure."

"That's a rubbish title, I like chinboy better." She poked his chin lightly.

He grinned in spite of himself. "Be nice to the chin, you could give it a complex."

"Sorry chin." She said then began to tease. "Wouldn't want you to feel the need to become bigger. You'd poke my eye out."

"Oi! It not that big."

She smirked and started flirting a tincy bit. "I know big when I see it, Doctor, I have had enough boyfriends." 

"Dinner?" He asked pretending she did not just hint at what he thought she did. "I made enough for an army."

"Maybe we should get the boys from the sub to join us then." She waggled her eyebrows.

"I don't think we should. More for us." He was getting better at ignoring her innuendos and flirts. 

~~~~

They both ate in relative silence. The Doctor would sometimes comment on something random or start talking when he thought he was thinking and Clara would respond and vise versa except Clara didn't think aloud to often. When Clara was full of food and drink she spoke.

"Ever played truth or dare?"

______________________________________________________

Does this post make it up to you for me not posting often? I made it much longer than my last two posts. Though, they weren't really posts, they were fillers because NO ONE seems to want to write a comment saying whether or not they actually like the story or not. How am I supposed to know if I'm doing things right if I have no feedback? For all I know, I just pissed some of you off. I don't want to piss you people off, I like you.

So yeah, comment, vote, even fan me. Cause if you fan me you'll know when I'm not posting and when I am. Cross my hearts. Voting makes me think I'm doing something you like and commenting tells me what exactly you like about the story. See, it benefits you. I add more of what you like and you know exactly when /i put an update out or make a small whouffle one-shot.

By the way, if you spot any grammar or spelling mistakes. feel free to bug me about them. 

Bowties and scarves,

-Andy