Chapter 3 : The Nephalem

He had sheathed his blade and turned to her, She had opened her mouth to speak but he had cut her off, "Are you ok Persephone?" He had gotten close to her and took a closer look to her wounds. She had pushed him back and looked at him "Trevelyan are you ok, I am sorry that you had to do that." She began to get up from the floor, he forced her back down."Its fine, now don't move I need to tend to your wounds." He had pulled out a skull with one horn and the other half broken off and he had applied a material to her skin he could tell it burned her because of the look on her face. She had noticed something move behind him. She had tried to talk
"Trevely-"
"Shhhhh! Don't move!"
"Bu-"
"Don't move!"
Her mother had leaped out of the darkness at Trevelyan. "TREVELYAN!!!!!"
"SHUT UP!" He pulled out a sawn-off shot gun and he shot the creature out of the air.
"When I said don't move that meant you too you evil wench!" He turned back to her and gave her a evil glare, "Next time that you move that'll happen to you too, now show me your cuts." She had quickly shown her cheek to him so he could apply the rest of the ointment. Once he was done he embraced her she awkwardly accepted the hug. He leaned back and looked at her,"You're probably wondering what just happened to you and what I just did." She nodded, "Your mother was a demon and I'm sorry I had to tell you that so late."
"What do you mean so late?"
"Well I was going to tell you that once I had found you, but you should know that you were hard to find."
"HOLY HELL MAN HAVE YOU BEEN STALKING ME!!" He looked at her like she was an imbecile,"You're just like me and that is a bad thing, we are demons and angels."
"WHAT!?!?"
"Look there is no time to explain we need to get out of here we're gonna get out of this lousy city" She looked at him and she felt so happy and was ready to leave her life behind with this tall handsome man, she got so concentrated in looking at his face she saw a part of it sticking out and she had pulled on it, his face had slowly peeled and fell off, to reveal his real face. She looked at him with fearful eyes,"Thank you for that, my face has been sweating so much." She had looked at him bizarred by what she was seeing it was a boy with a silver skin. He had looked at her with a smile that showed his teeth, he had four sharp teeth. "Trevelyan can you please stop freaking me out I thought you were handsome but you were wearing a fake skin and now you have fangs like its so weir-"
"WAIT YOU WERE WILLING TO RUN AWAY WITH ME BECAUSE I WAS HANDSOME! WHAT THE FUCK!"

"WELL YEAH WHY ELSE! WOULD I LEAVE WITH YOU MAN, YOU'RE AN ABOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!"

"FUCK YOU! I'M BETTER LOOKING THAN MOST DEMONS!"

There was a pause she had opened her mouth to speak but she didn't know what to say, she wanted to believe that she was dreaming or that he was just joking but she couldn't, she heard him word for word he is a demon. He had waved his hand in front of her face to get her attention, "Yo are you ok? c'mon we are on a time limit." She looked at him and slowly nodded to him. Finally finding her voice she said,

"You're a demon?"

"Yes, are you brand new or something because I don't know a boy with literal silver skin and fangs that just slayed an Arch-demon I would think so."

She looked at him no longer intrigued but more like pissed, she slapped him across the face. "Why are you so god damn sarcastic!"

He was shocked he stood in the silence and he had felt up to his cheek where her hand had met and what trickled down from the wound was a black substance, "I'm bleeding, but how?" he looked down at her hand.

"Your powers they're activating."

"What do you mean?" He pointed down to her hand it wasn't human anymore it was a pinkish reddish scaled claw. She looked at it scared out of her mind.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!" She came at him with her claw.

"I didn't do anything you did that, it was the same thing that your mother did you got pissed and your abilities activated, you are now going through the change."

"What change?"

"Dear girl you are becoming a Nephalem."

"A what?"

"Like I said girly, NO TIME TO EXPLAIN!"

"Bu-"

"NO BUTS, WE GOTTA GO!"

"WHY!!!"

*CRASH* one of the walls crashed in. A colossal winged beast carrying a large sword stood where the wall once was.

"THATS WHY WE HAD TO GO!!!"