Eight

"Don't you look gorgeous!" 

"Look at you, all dolled up and looking pretty!" Her mother and Melisa gushed when Imani had came down the stairs. LJ was concentrated on his games console and wasn't paying much attention to the women.

The women had gathered at Vivica's house, where Imani was still living as she was still looking for a suitable place for herself and her son to live. The baby shower was starting at 5 and Imani had wanted to make sure she was ready before Benjamin came to pick her up. 

She turned in her high waisted patterned trousers paired with her black and gold heeled sandals and a black blouse. Her hair was slicked back, showing off her cheekbones and her amazing facial features. 

"Thanks guys. Why do I feel as if I'm going to a funeral with this black?" She asked, stroking her shirt.

Melisa smirked. "With Vincent in your company, you technically are." Imani chuckled, playfully scolding her colleague and close friend.

Vivica rolled her eyes, walking up to Imani and helping her put on her statement necklace. "What a piece of work. I am never going to forget the look that man gave me that day I dropped off LJ." She rambled, shaking her head. 

"Mama. Let it go." 

She waved off her daughter, stepping back and adoring her outfit. "Those pants are quite tight, honey, they make your butt look like that Nicki Mirage woman I see all over TV." Melisa and Imani couldn't help but laugh at her mother's comment. 

Luke joined the group attaching himself to Imani. "Mom, Troy says that I can't bring my night light to the sleepover tonight. What am I going to do?" He cried, Imani lifting him into her arms.

"LJ! Surely a big strong boy like you can go without a night light."

LJ frowned. "I'm afraid of the dark." He whispered.

Imani feigned shock. "You? Afraid of the dark? No way! I'm almost definite that the dark is afraid of you." She said after gasping. She lightly pinched his arm. "All of that muscle, you can kick the dark's butt, there's no need to be afraid of it." LJ giggled, wiggling out of her arms.

"You're right! I'm gonna go and make sure I packed my action figures."

There was a loud beep outside the house and after Melisa inspected the large vehicle through the window, she turned. "I think Satan's spawn is here."

"I'm leaving now, LJ, give me a hug." She hugged him tightly, kissing him all over his face until he erupted in a fit of laughter. "Secret handshake." The two did a special handshake and she kissed his cheek before grabbing her things. "Be a good boy at Troy's, baby. I'll see you girls later." She hugged them both before walking out. She walked up to the car, where Benjamin opened her door. After thanking him, she slipped in as they drove to Giovanni's house, where the shower was being held. 

Within 30 minutes, they'd reached the enormous mansion that was Giovanni and Heather's house. "Thanks Benjamin, I'll be fine on the way home so you can take the rest of the evening off."

Benjamin smiled widely. "Thank you very much, Miss Forde." 

She hugged him and walked up the stairs leading to the double doors. She pushed one open and could hear the loud laughter as well as loud conversations. Just as she stepped into the main room where everybody else was, she was pulled into a tight hug. 

She recognised the person as Giovanni and returned the hug. "I am pleased you could make it, my dear!"

"This place is really huge." She stated, pulling back and looking around. The giant chandelier that was on the ceiling, the gorgeous paintings everywhere and the amount of people that managed to fit into the room.