Falling in Love isn't Easy Chapter 3

“You are both late! This is your third time in the week you're late Mrs. Gobble! Please stay after school so you can join me in detention.”

“What? Why? I wasn't that late!” I said sitting sow in my regular seat in the back of the class. I noticed

“Well, you weren't that late a couple of time now!” She said mimicking my voice. Stupid Bitch.

“Scuse me Miss,” I looked to my left and saw Nick standing up, “it was my fault, my clumsiness kept her from coming to your class.” I hear a few gasps and giggles. Obviously nobody would expect someone as handsome as Nick even talking to me. When I looked at him I saw that he was looking at Mrs. Sarah but had a gigantic smile plastered on his face.

“Was not expecting that from the new kid.” Mrs.Sarah looked angry. Nobody ever defended me. “Then it will be detention for you too Mr....?”

“Douglas” He said weirdly happily.

We had been working on Spanish exercise for half an hour and I was practically asleep. My eyes where bealy closing when..

“Wasup? Don't fall asleep Sleeping Beauty because then I will have to kiss you in front of the whole class!” Said Nick while sliding into the chair beside me.

“You talk pretty confidently to someone you pearly know.” I punched him in the shoulder. “I was falling asleep you know?”

“Yes! I do, thats why I have come to entertain you! Mrs.Sarah has not noticed this yet but she will and I don't want more detention..”

“What do you want to talk about then?” I looked at him smiling lazily.

“First of all-”

“Ugh! There is more than one thing?” I said it as if I was annoyed but when he looked at me he saw that I was smiling. Then he rolled his eyes and started talking again.

“I wanted to talk about our date!”

“Thats still on?” I said finally looking up at him. “I really thought you were joking!”

“Huh, our first date and you didn't even know it was happening.”

“So there is going to be more?”

“Depends how this one turns out, imagine you ended up being a serial-killer? No future for that.”

“Shit! You got me!” I said smiling and he started to laugh. He had the nicest laugh! I was starting to get creeped out. How could he be so perfect? His laugh was so loud that it started to cause quite a bit of attention. I could hear the wisperes coming from the table in front of us.

I looked at Nick and saw that he was looking at them in a anoued way.

“They can't believe you are talking to me.” I explained, “Im not that popular in this school.”

“I think its stupid!” He responded. That made me smile.

“You know what? You shouldn't let them treat you like that!”

“Really, don't make a fuss out of this, I'm used to it. You're practically the only person who has been nice to me in school for like eight years.”

“This is unbelievable” As he said that he stood up and walked to the front of the classroom. Oh shit. I really shouldnt have told him that.

“All of you people in this class are just-” He started to say.

“Mr.Nick, could you please go back to your seat?”

“Mrs.Sarah, I don't think you understand!-”

“Would you like to get five sanctions?”

With that Nick stalked back to the seat next to me, were I was slowly sinking into my seat. I could hear people laugh pretty loudly and that didn't really help my blush. He barely knew me! Why was he helping me this much!? “You really didn't have to defend me.”

“I didn't defend you because I think you couldn't! I defended you because I know you don't want to defend yourself!”

“But you didn't have to do it in front of the whole class! Now they will think there is like a, a thing in between us!” Saying that made a dazzling smile appeared on his face making my heart skiip a beat.

“Is there?”