five

fanart by one of my fav mutuals lolzorem !!

P H I L ' S P O V

"Hey," I smiled at Dan as I walked into support group. I sat next to him, noticing how big his shirt was on him. "That looks like a dress. Might as well be a princess."

Dan giggled. "Well, I'm not your prince."

Halfway through the stupid thing, I felt my phone buzz. It was a text.

guess who's here?
- wirrow

I snapped my head up and looked out the window, seeing Wirrow and Bryony grinning at me from outside. You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

People were chatting and eating at the buffet table, completely oblivious to the ones outside. Dan turned to look in my direction but it was after they had already disappeared from the window. He looked back at me, confused. "What were you looking at?"

"Uh-" I opened my mouth but shut it when Bryony and Wirrow walked right in, dramatically hugging me and greeting me. I glared at them.

"Phil, who are they?" Dan asked me, slightly alarmed.

"They're-"

"His best friends, of course! And you must be Dan," Wirrow grinned widely, leaning down until he was inches away from Dan's face then whispering, "we've heard a lot about you."

Bryony giggled behind him as Dan's face turned red. I grabbed Wirrow by the back of his shirt, tugging him away from poor Dan. "Fuck off, Wirrow."

Wirrow faked a pouty face. "But Philly, I wanna spend time with Danny! Besides, I'm harmless! I wouldn't hurt a fly!"

I scoffed. "Maybe not a fly but-" Bry punched me in the arm, cutting me off. Wirrow ignored me, reaching out and ruffling Dan's hair.

"Are you scared of me, Dannykins?" He asked the younger boy.

Dan chewed on his lip. "I mean-"

"See?" Wirrow giggled at me, interrupting Dan. "He's not scared of me!"

I rolled my eyes. "You didn't give him time to finish, shithead."

Bryony laughed sheepishly, itching the back of her neck while trying to change the subject. "What's up with the music they're playing in here? I mean, come on, we need The Black Keys or Arctic Monkeys or somethin'."

Dan's eyes widened. "You like those bands too?" He gasped. Bryony looked down at him.

"They're my favorite," Bry replied with a soft smile.

"I love them! Oh my god, so many people don't like them! Alex Turner is so hot-"

"I know right! And have you heard their new album. . ."

They continued talking while I dragged Wirrow away from the two, frowning at him. "What the hell are you trying to pull?" I snarled.

"I just want to play with him, Phil. It's funny. He's innocent. You should teach him how to shoot a gun or some shit- all that kid knows how to do is make glitter bracelets and wear big fluffy bows-"

I cut him off, stepping closer to him. "I am not teaching him how to shoot a gun, and he doesn't wear fluffy bows. Why are you actually here? I know you didn't come here just to piss me off."

Wirrow raised his hands up, a cocky smile on his lips. "I'm just sending you a little message, Phil. It says, in shining lights: if you won't kill the twat then I will just like-"

"Shut up!" I screamed, loud enough to silence everyone in the building.

Patrick came over, placing his hand on my shoulder and shooting me a concerned look. "Is this man bothering you?" He asked. I turned to see Bryony with Dan stood behind her, worried.

I scowled at Wirrow before looking up at Patrick and nodding once. "Yes, actually, he is."

Wirrow's jaw dropped as Patrick dragged him outside, Bryony following behind. "Time's a'ticking, Phil!" He shouted as the door opened. Patrick locked the doors and nodded at me. I smiled thankfully.

Dan wobbled over to me, putting his hand on my t-shirt sleeve. "What happened?"

"Nothing you need to worry about," I replied, which was a complete lie because this was definitely something he needed to worry about. Dan nodded and I smoothed his hair out, glad he was shorter than me.

After Dan and I walked out of support group, I dragged him to my car. "What?" Dan blinked.

"We're going to the mall today," I told him. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"B-but I need to tell my parents!" Dan insisted, pulling his lilac sleeve from my grip.

I smirked at him. "Come on, just sneak out?"

He bit his lip, adjusting his flower crown. "Alright, fine." Dan smiled. I grinned, reaching my hand out. He took it and hopped in my car.

As we were walking through the store, Dan squealed as we walked by a toy store. "Look how cute that teddy bear is!"

I giggled at him. "Buy it if you like it so much,"

Dan ran over to it, standing up on his tippy toes and checking the price. "It's kinda expensive. . ." he trailed off sadly.

"I'll buy it for you," I blurted. He looked up at me, his lips parted.

"Really?"

I nodded. "Sure."

His face broke into a huge grin as I easily grabbed the bear from the shelf and bought it. He thanked me a million times as we walked back to my car.

I drove us to a small park, leaving the bear in my car and going to the abandoned playground.

Dan and I climbed on the toys, swung on the swings, slid on the slides- for hours. That is, until he fell while running on the concrete and scraped the shit out of his knee. His eyes were watering as he held onto his knee, his lips formed into a tight line.

"Let me see," I told him. He removed his bloody hands to expose a big cut on his knee. "Jesus Christ, you're so clumsy."

I covered his knee with my hands, feeling the blood sleep through my fingers and dripping onto my hand. I checked the time. 22:49. Two hours until midnight, where I had to meet my group.

"Come on, I'll fix you up."

"Okay," Dan nodded and stood up, but struggled to walk, limping on every step he took on his right leg.

"Oh, for God's sake, just get on my back." I commanded. Dan came up behind me and jumped up. I caught him on my back, my hands holding the undersides of his legs as his arms came to rest on my shoulders. I carried him on my back all the way to my car then up my stairs to my bathroom, grabbing the First Aid kit from my cabinet.

He sat down on the edge of the bathtub as I grabbed out a damp paper towel, cleaning the cut then putting a germ killer on his cut. He hissed in pain and I grabbed a bandaid, covering the cut with it. "All better?"

He nodded.

I brought him back to his house and up the stairs to his bedroom, ignoring the confused stares I got from Mr. and Mrs. Howell.

"Oh, Phil! Your sweatshirt, it's in my closet-"

"Keep it." I told him. He opened his mouth to protest but I ruffled his hair. "See ya tomorrow."

Then I was gone, parking where Wirrow had said to meet. I hopped out, changing into an outfit from the pile of clothes in my backseat. Going around, I popped the trunk and grabbed a weapon. I waltzed around the corner, catching Wirrow's angry eyes boring into me.

"You're late."