Chapter 6

"You did what?!" Monica yelled into the phone after I explain my story from last night to her.

"I slept with my boss. Monica what should I do? He asked me out" Ross on other hand was most known billionaire and man whore, who had every next news cover. He was known for his looks and the company he had. He was the most successful man in Chicago.

And yet at that moment I didn't know he exist.

"You know maybe that isn't that bad. He is the best-looking guy in Chicago. Imagine having his babies. Oh my god Laura, heaven" I rolled my eyes and she chuckled.

"Go on date with him. It won't cost you. You deserve to have fun after everything" I nodded and sigh.

"I love you babe!" she chuckled, and I could hear her little laugh on other line. "I love you more."

Monica was my best friend since kindergarten, we met at age 3. My first day in the kindergarten. I was so shy, not talking to anyone and Monica was the first person that came to me, welcoming me to the group.

Monica was always supporting, letting me know that she was there for me. From the start I knew I could trust her, and I knew she never judge my decisions.

She was never supporting of my relationship with Andrew, even though she never said that out loud, she never liked him. After all she was right.

She was one year older than me. We lived in same flat, and I knew her from neighborhood. My mother and hers became best of friends after me and her started to hang out. My father was alcoholic and was never home. I had two younger stepbrothers that I had never met. My father died at age 34, from alcohol poison, I was 6 years old, and my mother was 8 months pregnant. At same date one month after my father death my mother gave birth to my little brother. He was the most precious thing that happen to me. He was my little angle and I really loved him.

His smile was as the bit of sunlight wrapped in your arms. His little hands stole my heart, and his little feet ran away with it. He was the happiest baby that I ever seen. You almost couldn't hear him cry, except when he was hungry.

He brightened our days when he was born and as all jealous big siblings, I was the opposite. I was very happy that he was born.

10 years after his birth our mother got sick. She had breast cancer and year after that, after all treatments and all chemotherapy she died. Leaving me and my brother at our own. He was 10 and I was 16. I started to work two different jobs so I and my brother could leave quite normal life.

We sold our old apartment and move in with our grandma, that lived few blocks from our old flat.

My grandma had small pension, that she almost gave everything for the apartment bills. After 3 years my grandma got sick and died leaving me and my brother at our own again.

Two years later I finished collage and immediately got job at Mr. Black company. After a half a year working for Mr. Black, I got promoted and sold grandma old apartment and bought new apartment in center of Chicago. My brother just finished collage at that moment and got himself an internship in Chicago hospital and moving in with his girlfriend.

He was happy with her, and I was happy for him that after all he found courage to love and trust somebody. I know he didn't have a perfect childhood and I did my best to make most of it. As taking him to the cinema, to the different playgrounds, allow him to go to school normally. Everything that he wanted he would get.

"Hello big sis" the front door open and Jack walked in with the big smile on his face, making my heart to melt.

"Jackieeeee" he rolled his eyes and I jump in his arms. "How are you" he asked and released me from his grip. "I had better days and you... Where is Maya?" his face turned red, and he turn around. His hands went to the fist, and I could see tear drop on his cheek.

"She broke up with me" he whispered and a gasped and pulled him for a big hug.

"It's ok Jack. Don't cry she doesn't deserve your tears. Its ok" I whispered in his ear and tears felt down my cheeks as well.

We stood there hugging each other as the room was full of sobbing. "What happened Jack?" I whispered and he pulled away from my grip.

"Would you make me your hot chocolate, please" I chuckled and wipe his tears. "Of course, baby"

"Where is Andrew" he asked as he followed me toward the kitchen. I shrugged and chuckled. "I don't know, we broke up as well. He cheated on me" he gasped and hit the table.

"That jerk, I knew it Laur. Are you ok... I will beat a creep out of him. What a jerk" I putted my hand over his shoulder and looked down. "You don't have to do that I'm over him. Fuck him, he wasn't even the right guy for him. Don't worry about him. Rather tell me what happened between you and Maya" he bit on his bottom lip and looked at me.

"I don't know what got into her. She was acting little odd this past month. She wasn't sleeping at home, telling me she stayed at her parents' house, because they got back early from the vacation. As I checked with her mother, they were still in Paris, and I want to her house, and she wasn't there. I didn't know where she was. What was she doing. So, I waited, and she came home. I was at work, and she was pretty wasted. She wanted to have sex, but I pushed her away. She called me names telling me I was never there for her when she needed me the most. That I have no idea what she went through. After everything she slapped me and storm out" he sighed and ran his hands toward his hair.

"I have no idea where she is. I have no idea what have gotten into her. She is not acting like normal Maya she used to be. I have no idea Laur. Her mother called me this morning asking me where she is. Why isn't she picking up her phone and I didn't know what to say to her. For the first time in my life, I didn't know what to say. What should I do sis.... Where the fuck is she" he yelled and hit the wall behind him.

"Come down Jack" I hugged him from behind and he put his hand over mine. "How can I come down Laura... I have no idea where the fuck is she. I have no idea what she got herself into" I hugged him tighter and lay my head against his back.

"I don't know Jack I have no clue" I whispered and he tight his hold on my hand.