➳ life in the stars

E D I T E D

lol this is so dramatic it's basically a rant ngl sorry

note Dan's 17 and Phil's 20 :)

iM aLWaYs a sLUt fOr pAsTeL!dAN anD PunK!pHiL LoLzoR

warnings: probably an existensial crisis idk

words: 1513

~Dan's POV~

I sat on top of Phil's roof with him, gazing up at the stars and the sky lost in thought.

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" I whispered.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, they are."

I rolled onto my side to face Phil and wrapped my arms around him, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck.

"Phil."

"Yeah Dan?"

"Is it weird if I say that I have a sort of." I paused, selecting my words carefully. "Connection with the stars?"

"No. No, it's not weird. But urmm..." He paused and wrapped an arm around my shivering frame, nudging my pink flower crown lightly. "What do you mean by it? How are you connected to the stars?"

"It's more of an emotional connection than a physical one, if you know what I mean?"

I was met with silence and shuffling as Phil moved himself so that my head and upper body were resting on his chest. I took this as a sign to elaborate.

I took a deep breath and began rambling, "The pollution from the earth masks the true beauty of stars, the stars are being masked by the earth. Even though earth has its own stars, you know, city lights and whatnot, I feel like they can't ever compete with natural stars. The universe is such a deep and mysterious place because most of it hasn't even been explored and it's expanding every day.

"To think that stars fly throughout all of it is amazing, all floating together as one to bring light. There must be so fucking many stars to light up earth and all the other planets because really, if you think about it, earth is so fucking small and miniscule compared to the sun, it's practically insignificant. And the sun compared to even bigger planets, we are practically insignificant, irrelevant.

"In a sort of painful sense, we don't matter. Not our thoughts, our lives in this huge, huge space that we call the universe. Stars, however, aren't insignificant. They light up the world when it's at its natural state of blackness and oblivion.

"It's amazing to think that night-time is actually the natural state of the universe. The only reason we have day-time is because Earth just so happens to be facing a huge giant star illuminating it. It's fucking amazing. Stars make up beautiful pictures in the sky for people to marvel at, for people to learn what it could be like outside the boundaries of earth. All across the sky of this miniscule world, stars will always be there. And that's amazing. I do love stars."

I ended, slightly out of breathe and looked up at Phil who was looking up at the sky.

"You must think that I'm a weirdo now, don't you." I mumbled, hiding my face in my hands and curling up slightly.

"Dan. Hey, Danny don't be silly. It was beautiful," he tilted my chin up so that I was forced to look at his clear, blue eyes. He gave me a heart-warming smile.

"What, as beautiful as you?" I giggled and I leant in for a kiss which made him topple over.

"That was my line you dork."