Chapter 4

When she got home, there was a man was sitting in front of the door to her apartment. He wore what looked like a mix between a Jester's outfit and a ninja's outfit. It was black and red, his hair came down in front of his right eye and was pure black. His eyes stood out the most, the scleras and pupils were black and the irises were a silverish gray.

"What do you call a jack in a box without a jack?" She just looked at him plainly and sighed.

"I'm not in the mood for games of any type." She almost fell backwards, but she caught herself. "Okay... shouldn't have taken the long way back. Can you please move?" The man stood up and moved out of the way.

"Aw I am sorry, my name's Jester. What do you hear? That the souls are restless and a demons prey? I must go now, hope we meet again, also did you know that you are bleeding and it smells sweet?"

"If I didn't know I was bleeding then I would've played your little game." She was about to go inside but stopped and looked at Jester. She stepped towards him and sniffed the crook of his neck. "You smell like you need a shower." She grabbed ahold of his arm and went inside (she never locked the door) and dragged him into the bathroom. She threw a towel at him and then left, closing the door behind her. She closed the front door and went to her room, if he left without showering then he left. Once inside her room she undressed, cleaned the wound, resewed it, and got dressed in a fresh outfit. She didn't forget about the ring and went to the kitchen to start making tea. Jester had taken the shower and walked back out with the cloth over his head.

"Sorry about that I just got up. Do you do this for ever one that smells bad." Skye shook her head as she transferred the hot water into the two tea cups.

"Only for the people I know. Now, how exactly could there be a filed murder, if there wasn't a single trace of the victim? If there isn't any evidence then how?" She glanced up at him while she poured the water over the tea bags. "I know who you are, or at least who you were." Once she was done pouring the water into the cups she poured the rest of the water into the sink and started to stir the tea bag and water around in the cups. Jester only smirked.

"What a clever girl. We're both people in a single body, well a demon and a human sometimes we have dark wants to come out to play. So what gave it away?"

"Your scent; it's not something I can forget, you were in fact my first friend. The other night I mistook your brother for you. He's a total wreck when you come up in a conversation." She handed him a cup of tea and hopped onto the counter and used it as a seat. Jester gulped down the hot cup of tea at once, releasing the steam from his nose.

"Delic can't find out about this." Jester looked into the empty cup. "I love Delic so much if he finds out, he will be in danger. It pains me, but I can't." Skye nodded and changed the subject.

"I agreed to help him find the person who killed you, and if it's not human then he's going to get his ass outta the way so I can take care of it. Humans are too fragile to take on a Demon or Vampyre. Delic may act tough but I know for a fact he wouldn't stand a chance against either or." Jester smiled.

"Don't understatement Delic, he's pretty cunning."

"I don't doubt it, but I don't think he has the proper training to take down either race. And if it was a Half Breed then he'll be dead before he can say shit."

"Anyway I've been wondering, did you get my gift?" Jester asked, once again the subject had shifted to something lighter. Skye nodded.

"Yeah, I decided to leave it at your family tombstone before I came here." Jester stood up.

"Well got to go and raise hell, will a part of hell." Jester disappeared in smoke before saying. "Look out world here comes Jester. You're jack and I need to a box, so let's have some fun!" Skye sighed and shook her head before she took care of the tea cups and cleaned the kitchen up a bit. Afterwards she went back to the Church. Chris was passed out on the outer steps and Skye found it quite amusing how Chris could be so carefree. Delic and Lyn opened both the church doors, as if they'd known she'd arrived.