18

H A R R Y

the whole drive back from mary's, it felt as if all was right in the universe-- although i knew that it wasn't.

that dumb twitter page was still alive and well, and mary- the puzzle she was- was probably currently figuring out what to reveal about me next. it had me worried, and i found that i was subconsciously biting the nails of my free hand.

i decided to stop for some gas, and as my car was filling up i thought it would be somewhat productive to check twitter while i waited.

i searched up "exposingharrystyles" in the search tab, and was surprised when nothing came up. usually it would say that one of my fans followed them (as i expected them to because they always were wanting to know more about me), but now there was nothing.

i pressed "go to @exposingharrystyles", but when the profile came up i was shocked to see that it had been taken down.

was mary actually serious right now? why did she take down the account? and why had she only done it after tonight? i felt like something was changing in her mindset.

my hand moved from the nozzle so that I could facetime her. she answered almost immediately.

"hey!" she said, her voice hinting that she was tired from the night's events; as was i. she had her laptop open to twitter, and i could see that page that showed when you had just deleted an account.

she was wearing the grey hoodie i gave her, snuggled up on her bed like i had pictured her best. "hey, mary-- what's up?" i asked nonchalantly, though the feeling of something running down my arm triggered me to look up.

"why are you at a gas station facetiming me?" i heard her dainty voice say, and when i looked down i realized that i had left the pump in and the gas had begun to overflow. shit. only mary would distract me as much as to make me do this.

"are you okay?" she asked.

i shook my head. "i just got gasoline all over my hand." i laughed, but finished my payment and briskly walked over to the convenience store that was connected with the station. i was going to buy a water.

mary started to laugh. "harry, you're such a mess! how'd that even happen?"

my cheeks started to heat up. "i got distracted."

by you, i wanted to say. but i didn't. i just looked up from the screen and picked up an ice water. i bought it with a twenty and when i got outside, poured it on my hand. it was too cold.

mary laughed at my reaction while i just looked a horrible mess. "harry, maybe we should talk when you get home!" she laughed, and i could see her intently leaning in to get a better look at my face. i wanted to cover it.

"alright, ill talk to you later." i said cooly, but in all reality it had just hit me how whipped i was that i had to talk to her while refilling my gas. "and i think that bottled water washed off that gasoline."

she smiled. "wash your hands when you get home." she suggested, "and stay safe for me. bye."

the facetime call disconnected, but i still couldn't help but keep my eyes on the last frozen frame of her beautiful face.

she had taken the account down for me.

and nothing could've felt better than that.

*

please please please comment and vote it motivates me to update :) and write and it means a lot