54

last chapter. (:

M A R Y

i had never though that because of my parents, my life was inevitably tumbling in a downward spiral that would ultimately result in my life being changed forever in an instant.

i was glad i had harry to save me from my fate.

"mary?" he asked, but when i glanced over, his eyes were nailed to the road ahead of him. i grinned at the sight. he was beautiful.

we had been driving for almost an hour now, on our way to las vegas in an rv where harrys second styles selection store was to undergo a grand opening.

it was big for the both of us, honestly. harry was now the main owner and CEO of a growing franchise, and i, happily, was the co owner. mike liked to call me the first lady.

i laced my free hand in his free hand. "yeah, is something the matter?" i asked him.

he nodded, and i could tell his eyes were trying their hardest not to shut on their own. "get louis up here and tell him that it's his turn to drive the rv. im sleepy."

i squeezed his hand and smiled weakly. "sure."

so i lazily stumbled to the back of the bus, coming to the realization that i was also struck with fatigue. staying awake with harry while he drove was just as tiring as staying up to drive in itself.

i found louis hanging out in the bedroom, watching some movie about some guy that kills a bunch of people-- his favorite genre if it even classified as such. "hey." i said lowly.

he paused the movie and looked over at me with a raised eyebrow. i knew that he could tell what i was there for, because he checked the time and sighed. "do you know where we are yet?"

"just about to cross state boundaries." i told. i had remembered seeing a sign that said nevada's boundary was 10 miles ahead.

louis rolled his eyes. he should've been getting some rest instead of tiring himself and watching movies. he was at fault. "tell harry i'll drive when we get to las vegas."

i coughed. "no, louis. it'll be time to get out by then."

he huffed, but eventually gave in and turned the television off. at the same time, i could feel the rv coming to a stop. it was in louis' best interest to drive for harry, anyway. because a tired and angry harry was not the kind and delicate harry that everyone was so used to seeing.

i accompanied him in walking to the front of the rv, where harry met us halfway. he looked very tired and distraught, but even more angry.

"louis, it's your turn to drive." he said passively, combing his large hand through his hair.

louis just brushed him off. that was a bad idea. "well, im here now so it should be fine. get your head out of your ass."

harry balled his fists up. "bitch. you were supposed to drive fifty miles ago! drive this car before i kick you to the curb and make you fucking walk to las vegas, you lazy ass!"

that was enough to make louis dial down on his sass for at least a good two hours. with a whimper and one last look, louis grabbed a beer from the fridge and walked to the front of the vehicle.

"shouldn't he be driving sober?" i asked, a bit worried.

harry shrugged. you could tell he cared more about his sleep than he did about his own safety at the moment. "ive rode with him while he was hammered after parties. i haven't got in a crash yet... we'll be fine, baby." he said in that rasped out and tired voice that already had me weak and ready to pass out myself.