43

M A R Y

ding. ding. ding. ding.

god dammit, why wouldn't it stop?

my eyes snapped in and a sense of de ja vu kicked in right away. i remember waking up like this. seeing harrys room and having shock and confusion, my head hurting to the point where i felt like crying, and then seeing louis in the hallway... naked.

what had happened last night?

ding!

i looked around, my mind in a haze. finally i spotted the culprit: my phone sitting on a bedside table, next to a small glass of water and advil with a note.

drink up and take the tablet. it always helps me after a hangover, and we're basically the same in every aspect. so i thought that this should work but first you should probably get your rest. after, come downstairs (and wear shoes bc louis cut his foot on a nail, watch out for that). i have something to tell you. also, i left your phone here because penny kept texting you. it must be important, yeah?
all the love as always, H.

i smiled warmly. harry always knew how to look out for me, even though i didn't know how i managed to get drunk if i were underage. if this is how you felt the morning after drinking every single time, i never wanted to do so again.

i grabbed my phone and scrolled down the notifications on my lock screen. all of them were from penny, as harry had said.

penny: girl what's up
penny: went to ur house and you weren't home...
penny: your parents are pretty mad. sorry
penny: said lilac was coming and you weren't there
penny: please don't tell me you snuck over to harrys
penny: OMG you usually have woken up by now what did you do wth him!!!
penny: mary charles miller what the fuck did you do
penny: mary :(

i sighed and unlocked my phone. this was too much to process. if lilac was coming over and my parents knew that i wasn't home, i was in store for a lot of reprimanding. and if penny knew that i was at harrys, chances are that my parents did too.

me: im at his house and i actually don't know what happened... i woke up in his room in his bed and i saw louis tomlinson naked. im having a weird morning plus i have a hangover... just don't tell my parents. i trust you okay?

i locked my screen and set the phone on the table. afterwards i quickly took the pill and drank the water, leaving the phone behind and trekking downstairs.

i found my way into the kitchen where harry was cooking, barefoot with skinny jeans a grey oversized hoodie on. his hair was down to his shoulders.

"harry?" i asked warmly, smiling about how his name tasted on my lips. i would never get used to being able to say that on a daily basis. ever.

he turned around quickly and smiled sadly when he saw me. uh oh. something was wrong, and i could tell. "how are you feeling, lovely?"

louis was sitting at the dining table, eating what looked like charred bacon and completely brown eggs. harry had probably burnt it, and louis, the friend he was, wanted to eat it for him. at least this time he was wearing clothes. i waved to him and he waved back.

"fine, thanks." i said, and it was true. my headache wasn't bad so i couldn't complain. harry obviously knew my head would be hurting to some degree, so i decided not to worry him if it wasn't worrying me. "thanks for the note and the advil. it's been helping a ton."

he nodded with a distant smile and turned back to the stove. i watched him flip what looked like a pancake, and noticed next to him on the counter was a tub of powdered sugar, fresh fruit, and a can of whipped cream.