32

M A R Y

that saturday, penny came over to help me get ready for the festival. we were back to our old friendship again; this time i didn't think she was a whore and she admitted she no longer thought of me as a lying-slut-who-only-wanted-to-get-into-harrys-pants.

"so..." she mumbled happily, finishing the last curl in my hair. my signature hairstyle that took almost all the time in the world to perfect. "have you finished that basket?"

i nodded with a giggle. i hoped that penny didn't mind harry and i were getting closer, as much as she had put on like she didn't. "harry and i did. he likes almost all the same things as i do, so i didn't get much."

she laughed. "you two are cute. im sorry i failed to see that."

"mhm." i agreed, not trying to be rude.

"there's something that i should probably tell you, you know-- now that i don't mind the two of you dating." she said suddenly. i could feel my heart stop.

"what is it?"

she bit her finger softly and turned off the curling iron. "one day harry came over and uh.... asked if you ever talk about him. and asked if you liked him." she told me and i felt my cheeks warm up. "do you think he likes you?"

"honesty?" i asked myself. "i don't know. he gave me all these mixed signals but monday morning we were cuddling and--"

"cuddling?!" she exclaimed, giving me an amused face in the mirror. "is that what you two were looking a mess from?"

i shrugged cooly. "i mean... we had just woken up."

her eyes got considerably larger right away. "was his morning voice sexy? pleeease tell me you got a recording of it!" she squealed and i cringed.

"yes," i answered, "it was very sexy." she let out a high pitch squeal. "but you're doing that thing again."

"what thing?" she asked innocently.

"the being a major harry styles fan creepy thing." i said, rather bluntly, making her laugh but nod her head in understanding. thank god she knew her limits.

ding dong. one simple ring of the doorbell and i perked up.

"he's here!" she said in a singsong voice. that only made me more nervous. this was what i had been waiting for since the party. what happened tonight could make or break the possibility of harry and i ever being together.

i grabbed my purse and made sure my phone was inside. sure enough, i had gotten a text from harry saying "im here. didn't know what to wear so i might look a mess. i can expect you'll look breathtaking as always. love, h". my eyes rolled to the back of my head, but i still walked downstairs with penny.

we both stood by the living room door together, where jett watched in confusion from the couch.

"this is it." penny said excitedly. "your knight in shining armor. your prince charming, your--"

she opened the door and there stood louis, his hands by his side awkwardly and giving me a weird smile.

"it's just louis." i said lightheartedly, earning a scoff from him. he was looking at his hand, reading it off.

"hi." he said in a monotone voice. i fought the urge to burst out laughing. "im louis william tomlinson, your chauffeur for the night."

penny stifled a laugh. "what kind of joke is this?" she asked playfully and louis just gnashed his teeth in a manner a bit inhuman-like.