37

triple update!!! so please vote and comment. yes you. :)

M A R Y

that monday, harry came over with the cake in his large hands and a recognizable fabric bandana from his store. he looked perfect, and i was sure that even mom was swooning when she answered the door. "harry." she said cooly as i awkwardly stood behind her, "please, come in."

he gave her a cheesy smile and stepped in, setting the cake down and unzipping the gold boots he was wearing. wow, he really did have money. i didn't deserve him.

"hey, angel." he said smoothly and he glided his fuzzy socks against the wooly carpet, certainly trying to give me a shock. "i brought you the cake and decided to come a bit after your dinner time so it wouldn't spoil your appetite."

i giggled, pulling him in for a hug. he was so cute it was impossible. "what are you now, my dad?" i joked, but harry wiggled his eyebrows at me. "my parents are in the room." i said in a hushed whisper, making him smirk and laugh.

we took the cake over into the kitchen together, and when my parents and jett finally decided to leave us in peace harry took the lid off to reveal it. the icing was vanilla, but my name was spelled on the top with dotted sprinkles.

"what the heck." i whispered to myself. "no. way."

"yes way!" harry exclaimed giddily, already searching our drawers for a knife. "where do you keep your paper plates?" he said, and when i glanced at him he was holding our sharpest kitchen knife. the thought of harry with something so sharp kind of scared me but i smiled it off.

"third drawer on the bottom." i replied, still unable to take my eyes away from the cake. harry had spent his time on making me this, just because i had told him the truth. had he really had feelings for me all this time? i was so oblivious.

soon enough he laid out two paper plates, with two sets of plastic knives and forks out on the counter. he let me cut it carefully, but he mustn't have trusted me because he held his hand on mine and guided me. it came out perfect anyway, leaving my hand hot and clammy from harry's touch.

"you get biggest piece!" he chimed, and watched me eat the first bite intently. my mouth exploded with flavor. the cake was so good, and it was made from scratch. it wasn't like harry had used cake mix or anything. all from scratch, and without a cookbook and exact measurements to go by, too.

"is it alright?" he asked worriedly, leaning in to get an answer. i didn't know how to tell him how quite amazing his-- our cake actually tasted.

so i took my plate and shoved it in his face.

"hey!" he said, but i could see his wide smile through all the frosting. he licked some off and his grin managed to get even larger. "this is really good." he hummed, licking some more. "mmm."

i laughed and cut another piece without his help. we would share this one, since mine was currently in his face. "mmm is right." i giggled, handing him a fork. "people are really going to like the bakery. you're so good at this."

he shrugged, but he looked really silly with nothing but white frosting and cake crumbs on his face. plus, what a mess we had made on the floor! "i used to be a baker, so barbara taught me everything i know." he took another bite.

"thank you." i said, basically at a loss for words. all i could do was stare into his captivating green eyes. "for all of this. i really dont deserve it."

harry looked around suspiciously, likely looking for any sign of my parents. obviously not seeing them, he fit his mouth to mine and i could feel the frosting piling up on my face from the contact. i laughed against his mouth at our silly but passionate kiss, and gasped when he pushed me on the counter and continued to kiss me while standing between my legs.

"you do deserve it." he whispered seductively. "and i can prove it to you very easily."

"i--" i tried to speak up again but he only cut me off by pressing his lips to mine again, his tongue instantly forcing itself into my mouth and exploring every inch. i was basically gasping for breath at the force of his kiss, and the way his fingers played with the hem of my shirt as he did so.

"i missed a spot." he smirked cheekily when he pulled away, swiping his index finger on my top lip and licking the icing off the tip of his finger. "there we go." he murmured, his eyes trailing down to my lips again.

just then, out of my peripheral vision, i saw jett sprint from the bottom of the stairs to the top.

a bedroom door slammed shut.