Confession

Hermione felt disgusted as she wiped her lips over and over. Ron had been such a prick to her and yet he tried to kiss her.

She kept turning the corners, holding her wand close to her chest. She wiped the sweat off of her brow. Her breath began ragged as a voice came closer to her. "Hello blood traitor..." the male voice said. 'It's Ron...' She rolled her eyes annoyed..

"Get away from me..." the other voice came. It was harsh and to the point... However, that voice was higher and much more feminine. 'Ginny!'

"How's it like being a blood traitor?" The voice said maliciously.

"Pretty great since I'm not actually a vicious bastard." Ginny said back jolly.

"Why you little-" the voice retaliated. But a sound came from the room and a groan of disgust.

Hermione stepped out from the corner to see a death eater wiping saliva from his cheek. "Disgusting. Filthy germs." He spat out. Hermione gasped as a growl came from around the corner. "Oi! Greyback! Come join in the fun." Ginny whispered as a werewolf turned the corner. The wolf looked at Ginny and licked its lips in hunger. The wolf charged for Ginny in incredible speed. Hermione quickly ran in front of Ginny and pushed Ginny away. Her wand rolled away from her leaving her completely defenceless. Greyback kept running, his saliva dripping on the floor with his fangs bare.

Hermione screamed as her vision blurred. A howl echoed the halls as two werewolves fought against each other. The other wolf growled and bared its fangs. Greyback charged and sank his teeth into the other. The wolf howled and shoved Greyback into the wall. The other pressed its paws against Greybacks throat trying to knock him out. Greyback swiped his paw across the other wolf's face. Greyback pushed the other wolf to the ground and sank its claws into the wolf's foot. The wolf howled loudly and Hermione winced. She grabbed her wand hastily. "Petrifcus totalus!" She yelled and the light flew out of her wand and shot Greyback in the chest. Greyback froze and dropped to the floor.

The light began to come up into the sky and the Orange flare flew over the clouds giving a moment of light. Light that will suffice help throughout the battle. Follow the light and the battle will win. The wolf groaned and soon it's bones began to shift and moved back into position. The blond platinum hair grew and grey stormy eyes checked their surroundings. "Granger?" His sight soon intensified and he ran to her. "You aren't injured?" His eyes scanned her in a panic.

"No Malfoy... You saved my life... twice..." She smiled widely. "And Ginny's too."

Draco calmed his breathing. "It seems they have all retreated..."

"Yes... the battle is not over... they will come back." Hermione said. "Draco..."

Draco froze and looked over to her. "I remember everything I did... all those people I hurt..."

"But Draco... You remembered! You remembered who you were! Can't you see how amazing that is?" Hermione asked him.

"No... No I can't. I'm a monster, Granger..."

"No Malfoy, you aren't." Hermione reached out for him and Draco winced before moving away.

"Don't... don't touch me." Hermione lowered her hand in sorrow.

"I'm not scared of you Draco..." Hermione stated. "I'm not scared."

"You should be." Draco confirmed. "You should be. I'm a monster..."

"No! Draco you are not a monster." Hermione pleaded. Draco ran his fingers through his hair and exhaled heavily.

"When they come back... they will all set out to kill me. You do realise this..." Hermione knew deep down but she shook her head. "Granger. I want you to hide. I want you to get somewhere safe. This battle isn't over and if you get hurt, I- I just couldn't live with myself..."

"Draco... I'm not going to leave, I'm going to be here... by your side."

"You insufferable-" he muttered swears under his breath. "Can't you see I'm trying to save you?" He said with infuriation.

"Can't you see that I don't want to leave your side?" Hermione shot back. Draco looked at her with hope before walking up to her.

"Draco!" Blaize called out to him. "They are back! They are back!" Draco swallowed a lump in his throat. He nodded and Blaize nodded back.

"Hermione Granger. You insufferable know it all. The mudblood of Gryffindor house. How could you be the one to cast the spell on me?" He asked her. She pondered and looked up at him.

"Draco!" Blaize called again.

Draco ignored him. "Hermione... if I'm going to die... I must- I need to let you know. I-I just can't help myself. I want to be near you. I want to be the one by your side. I want to be the one to hold you and run my fingers through that bushy hair of yours. I want to be the one to stare into those captivating eyes of yours. But my time is nearly out. You've cast a spell on me and I will never be the same again. I'm a Malfoy and you have turned this foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach into something worth... someone worth being alive and I can't thank you enough Hermione... I-I l-lo-"

"Draco! They're here!" Blaize yelled and Draco inhaled sharply and pulled away from Hermione who was pleading him to stay with soft whispers.

Draco began to walk away when Hermione screamed his name. "DRACO!" She yelled and he turned around quickly to see her running towards him and jumping in his arms. "I can't let you go. I won't let you go."

"But you must." He brushed her hair behind her ears and wiped her tear stained cheeks. He pulled away again.

"If you must leave then at least grant me one wish..."

Draco groaned. "What is it?"

"Kiss me Draco." Draco's eyes widened and he ran his shaking hand through his hair. "I might die as well in the next couple of hours and I want that to be one of my last memories..." She would think of her parents... her friends and... just this one moment... "I want you to be the last thing I think of and believe in."

Draco soon ran and got her into his arms. He placed his forehead on hers and her eyes fluttered shut. "I've waited so long to hear you say those words to me..." he then brushed his lips against hers. It was a gentle and loving kiss that transferred every emotion they were feeling, every word unsaid between them.

Draco withdrew but Hermione crashed her lips against his again. This kiss was fuelled with immense passion that overwhelmed her. Draco kissed her back, returning that desire but with more of a need. He kissed her fiercely as if she was his oxygen and he was drowning. He kissed her with such need that Hermione remained breathless. Draco placed his lips against her forehead and walked away into the battle field with Blaize. He kept his eyes on Hermione until they couldn't see each other and Hermione wiped her eyes.