Eye to Eye

I remember when all the games began
Remember every little lie
And every last goodbye
Promises you broke,
words you choked on
And I never walked away,
It's still a mystery to me.

~Five Finger Death Punch - the Bleeding~

Hermione ran and ran until she reached the common room of the Slytherins. The portrait looked down on her in disgust and spat in his painting. "How dare you, a filthy mudblood approach the house of glory and brillance?"

"Because I have business to attend to and I need to see some Slytherins."

Before the portrait could retaliate, the portrait swing open to Pansy Parkinson. "What do you want Mud blood?"

"I need Blaize and Astoria! Please it is urgent!" Pansy dragged Hermione out of sight and into the dark corridor.

"Look... I'll make you a deal. You tell no one about what you saw today and ill go get your friends." Pansy said smoothly and ran her fingers through her hair.

"You would do that? For a mudblood?" Hermione stuttered out.

"Of course. I get what I want and you get what you want." Pansy said with a yawn.

"Look pansy... you shouldn't be ashamed of who you are."

Pansy soon sobered up. "Yes I should. No one can know. My family will disown me and my reputation-"

"What about it? Pansy, you shouldn't be afraid of who you are. It's you and that's all you can be. Some friends in there-" she pointed to the slytherin common room "- won't care who you are as long as you're you."
Pansy wiped her eyes angrily. "You don't understand!"

"Yes I do! People in Gryffindor call me Mudblood. All because I am a muggle-born but no... I have friends that accept me for who I am. Filthy blood or perfect blood. They accept me for me." Hermione said and Pansy hugged her.

Pansy wrapped her arms around Hermione and let out a sob. Hermione tensed but returned the hug and rubbed Pansy's back soothingly. "It's okay." Hermione would mumble occasionally and Pansy sat up with a smile.

"You know what... you aren't that bad Mudblood." Pansy laughed and Hermione laughed too.

"I'm here for you Pansy."

Pansy nodded. "Let me go get your friends." Pansy upped and left into the portrait.

Hermione let out a breath and waited. Blaize came out with wand in hand and walked over quickly to Hermione. "Is this about..."

"Yes... he gave me a note-" she handed it to him. "- he is being controlled by someone."

"The imperious curse." Blaize shuddered. "I knew something wasn't right."

"The night someone attacked me-" Blaize inhaled sharply and Hermione put her hand on his shoulder. "- he came and found me. He can't tell us who it is or describe them. They were asleep or something and it gave him a break in the chain. He wants us to figure it out and-"

"And save him." Astoria finished, making Hermione jump.

"Yes, save him..." Hermione's eyes sparkled with hope. "Meet me at the Room of Requirement at 10. They are meeting Draco there. It's time to end this." She said. Hermione hugged them before running to the Gryffindor common room to get Rosily and Ginny. She told them the exact same thing as she told Blaize and Astoria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 9:55 and Hermione waited by the entrance with Ginny and Rosily. Blaize and Astoria arrived there at 9:59.

They opened up the door to see Draco and...
LUNA?

Luna looked over with her dreamy gaze. "Hermione, Ginny, what are you doing here?" She asked and Hermione took out her wand.

"Give me back Draco... now." Her voice low and too calm. It send waves of danger down Luna's spine and Luna laughed.

"But we only just started." Luna placed her hand on Draco's chest and Draco looked oh so pained. Oh Draco. Hermione thought with a sad expression. "He is my puppet, the dark Lord ordered it when he committed Treason against the cause."

"The Dark Lord is Dead!" Ginny yelled and Luna smirked.

"Or is he?" Hermione shivered as the room darkened and the candles blew out as the coldness struck. Black mist swirled around them and a breath of air landed on Hermione's neck. The hairs on the back of her head risen trapping the cold between them.

She froze and whipped around to see nothing here. Luna let out a laugh and Blaize lunged at her to then be slapped into the wall by an invisible force.

"Why? Why Luna why?" Hermione said with a slight whimper.

"Because I wanted you to feel pain! To scream." Hermione's mind flooded back to that night. Those hands and that word.

"That was you!" Hermione whispered and touched her side.

"Draco here couldn't do it, not even under the Imperious curse... so since my puppet couldn't do the work. It was left for me." She smiled and licked her fingers as if remembering Hermione blood on them.

Hermione stepped back and fell into Rosily's arms. "You will pay for this." Rosily said angrily and Luna smirked.

"I'd like to see you try." Luna said and Astoria sent a spell towards Luna. Luna froze and soon Draco ran to Hermione's side. His eyes locked with Astorias and she recognised the icy grey colour.

"He's back. Let's go." Rosily gave Hermione to Draco and fought with the others.

Hermione weakly raised her arm and whispered "expecto patronum..." a small flicker of light appeared but soon faded. Hermione passed out and Ginny whimpered as she saw the blood travelling down hermione's arms.

Draco lifted up the sleeve to see the cuts and scars on her wrist. He felt tears prick his eyes and he pulled the sleeve back down. "Oh Hermione..." he realised how bad she was coping and he couldn't do anything about it. The black mist multiplied and Draco pulled out his wand.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" He yelled and the small flicker of light burst out of his wand and an animal emerges from the light and dust in the air. A beautiful lion... the Gryffindor lion. He was baffled at the sight and the patronus expelled the darkness and the mist was contaminated and dissolved into the patronus...

What was left was nothing, Luna had disappeared and they all know that this is far from the end.

An: so there you have it. Luna is the new Death Eater. Your thoughts on it? And who do you think will be the next death eater? Please comment and vote.
VOMMENT and ill see you in the next chapter.