Flashback 2

Flashback 2

7 years ago...

I was thrown onto the bed. "You bitch!" roared my father. Then I got kicked in the stomach.

I groaned and coughed, sniffling. "Daddy, I'm sorry, it's not gonna happen again! I swear, Dad, I swear..."

"Damn straight," he said, and he walked into the bedroom.

I winced, holding my belly, and I rolled into the bed. Ouch.

I ran down the stairs to the kitchen, grabbed an ice pack, and ran back to my room. I had just closed the door and placed the pack on my bruised stomach when I heard the gunshot.

'Oh, God, Nick's probably dead!' was my first thought. I raced to Nick's room, but he was fine, earphones blasting music. "Nick!" I gasped, shaking him. My twelve year old brother rolled his eyes, barley having time to answer with an unenthusiastic "What?" before I grabbed him an ran.

We entered Dad's room. Nick shuddered and clenched the doorknob. I burst into violent, unstoppable sobs. Then I fainted.

Our father was on the floor, head bleeding, face pale and gun in his hand. The bullet wound went straight through his temple. On the ground, a note -

To Whoever Cares:

I killed myself because my life is hell. My kids are fucking idiots, my wife is retarded, my boss fired me, so fuck it. I greet the Devil. How could he make life worse? I hate you all. I don't give a rat's ass about any of you. Live in a box in the ally, for all I care.

See you in hell.