Chapter 5

I sat between Jack and Rian. Jack tapped me on my shoulder and I turned to my left to face him.

"You're sleeping in the bunk above me this time", he told me and I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Okay?", I said which came out more as a question. He just smiled and took another drink from his beer.

I always slept in a bunk that was free but when he wants me right over him, why not.

I felt my phone vibrate in my jeans pocket so i took it out and looked at the caller ID, seeing that it's my best friend Lara. I answered the phone.

"Hey, wait a sec I need to go to the front lounge, it's too loud here", I told her and got up, not waiting for a response.

I sat down on the sofa in the front lounge and talked again.

"So, what's up?", I asked her.

"So you're on the road already?", she asked me and I could tell that something was up.

"Yes, I am. Why? Is there something you want to talk about?", I said and played with the hair tie that I always wear around my wrist.

"How do you know?", she asked surprised and I grinned even though she couldn't see me.

"I know you too well little Lara".

"Okay okay. Steve asked me if I wanna go to the cinema together. Sure we were already in the cinema but never alone. I'm not sure if it's a date but I think it is since we both know what we feel for each other. Oh my god Liz", she got louder and louder with every word, practially screaming the last part and took a deep breath after she was done freaking out.

"Calm down", i laughed at her. "I told you he's gonna ask you out sooner or later".
I could hear her taping her fingers on a table or something. "I'm nervous".

"Don't be, it will be fime. You're into him for like years now, it's about damn time", I said and giggled.

"Right. Thanks Liz. I have to go, I'll let you know how it went. Enjoy your time", Lara said.

"Make sure to use protection. Bye", I winked, forgetting again that she can't see me.

"Bye", she laughed and we hung up.

I chuckled to myself because of how nervous she was. Great, that means another couple in my small group of friends. It's not like I have something against couples and love but I just can't understand why you would let someone in your life when you know you will get hurt sooner or later.
I know what i'm talking about, trust me.

"Why do you chuckle?", someone interrupted my thoughts.

I turned around to see Jack standing there, his eyebrow raised.

"Lara called me", I shrugged and he just nodded.

"So are you coming back again now?", he smiled and I got up, following him back to the back lounge.