Chapter 16

I barely slept last night because I couldn't stop thinking about our almost kiss. Does this mean I wanted to kiss him? Even though I drank a lot, I sobered up the second he put his fingers under my chin.

I mean I'm kinda sad that Mike interrupted it but then again I'm really glad for it because I'm pretty sure that the kiss would've messed things up.

I just don't get what's going on. Things like this only happen when Jack drinks. He wouldn't say such things and get this close to me when he's sober.

Does the alcohol make him just needy or does it makes Jack to tell the truth, as he said himself.

But I also wanted to be in his near and I'm not denying it, I wanted to kiss him, I still do. And it's not my body that wants to do it, it's my heart.

But I can't have feelings for Jack, I can't have feeling toward anyone.

That's wrong. I will open up and then get hurt again. I always end up getting hurt.

But I just have to think of Jack and I get that stupid feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Fuck.

I just got out of the shower since I stayed in my bunk all day. I wrapped a towel around my body put my wet hair into a bun before I walked into the bunk area to get some fresh clothes. I was still lost in my thoughts as I ran into someone. And of course it had to be Jack. I hadn't seen him since last night so I didn't know what he would act like.

Jack's P.O.V

I looked up to see Liz. I had so much stuff on my mind, I didn't see her coming. My breath stuck in my throat as I saw that only a towel was covering her body. "Sorry", I said, looking anywhere but at her. She just shrugged and walked past me.

I sighed and went into the back lounge to watch some TV. I need to distract myself from thinking about Liz. This girl drives me crazy and I don't know what to do.

We almost kissed last night, I was close to taking a step further but of course someone had to interrupt us.

I feel the need to be close to Liz, I just want her around me.But I can't.

I will ruin everything if I keep on getting this close to her. I don't wanna make her feel uncomfortable.

And it's obvious that she doesn't feel anything towards me, am I right? I need to find it out.

I wish I could read her mind.

Liz P.O.V

I walked past Jack, to the bunk where our suitcases are and got some comfortable clothes out and put them on. I didn't feel like talking so that's why I went back into my bunk. I was just listening to music as I saw a hand with a cup of tea coming through the opening of the curtain.

"What kind?", I knew it was Jack's hand. "Your favourite", he answered and I thought for second. But then I took it and opened the curtain.

He also had a cup for himself and a DVD in his hand.

"Fancy watching a movie with me?", he asked, holding the DVD in my face. The Nightmare Before Christmas. One of our favourites. I smiled and nodded. "Thought so", he said and sat down next to me.

I put in the dvd and the movie started.