❁1❁ "Lost Boy" & "Heartbreak Girl"

A/N: this begins with a one shot. The one shot ends when this 🌸 emoji is shown. enjoy my shitty writing ^v^

I sat outside the doorway of my tiny flat, sighing at the sight of the scene in front of me. There was a small basket with a little child inside. I could hear its wails and cries ring in my ears. I knew I had to do something about it. I lifted the basket, pulled open the door of my flat and walked through, taking the baby with me. I was only ten at this time and I lived all alone.

You must remember, I live in a world different than yours'.

To start off, I was an odd child. I had no friends and all that stupid, cliché stuff. I had no idea who or where my parents were, for all I know, they could be dead.

As an infant, my parents set me in an alley near a dumpster and left me to die. On the edge of death, a young woman found and took me to an orphanage. They wouldn't take me because of overcrowding but that woman raised me because she apparently didn't want me to die. What I didn't know was the woman had sarcoma, I think you would call it, and died when I was nine.

I never was registered as a citizen since no one ever knew that the woman had been raising a child. I was kept a complete secret.

So I was left alone at the age of nine. I learned to raise myself and taught myself what I could, but I never could learn one important thing: how to read.

The woman who raised me never taught me how to read but I can speak English fluently. I think because of her disease she couldn't, even though she tried. The only thing I can read is the alphabet and a few numbers.

Now, at the age of seventeen, I still practically have the knowledge of a six year old. Today is July 16th, which I was told is my... birthday I think it's called. I always told myself that once I was 17, I would leave the small flat and try to be discovered.

Obviously, since no one knows about me, no one would try to find me. So many people live in secret and I'm one of them. I walked to my full-length mirror and stared at my hideous reflection: huge dull blue eyes, frizzed blond hair, too long of legs and a body way too thin. I cringed.

This morning I had pulled on dark skinny jeans, a plain green t-shirt and these shoes with laces. 

Now I pulled open the door with my shaky hand and walked out into the alley. By now my whole body had begun to shake because I hardly ever go outside, I just have to tell the wall what I need and it gives it to me.

I walked down the alley, slowly and carefully, tiptoeing as if someone would hurt me if I walked too loudly.

I felt myself bang into a wall, even though I didn't see one. It's as if the wall is made of... hard air.

I found myself blacking out and shut my eyes as I feel myself falling. I paced myself for pain but I never felt it. I try to open my eyes, but I find it extremely hard. I finally force them open and am blinded by bright light. I blink rapidly, causing my eyes to slowly adjust.

I was greeted by an unfamiliar, confusing scene. I saw people walking on paths, children playing on a strange green floor and small brown animals I've never seen before. Then there are these weird items much taller than me with a thick brown pole-like thing with this bushy green objects on top.

I heard chatter and laughter, but then I heard other voices creating a beautiful melody. The voices continue on and I hear them singing.

"He wears the perfect disguise,

That keeps them on their feet

Tryna to play prince charming

When he's dying within."