❁13❁ "Satellite"

What if every time you made a wish on a shooting star, someone was listening? What if that someone made your wish come true?

Lrh11 is a satellite and every time he makes himself visible, he appears as a shooting star.

Lrh11 would scan the atmosphere for someone looking out the window, but also he would have to find someone who would actually make a wish. When lrh11 started out, many people of all ages would makes wishes he could grant. Over time, less and less would make a wish upon a shooting star. Even children stopped making wishes eventually.

Now Lrh11's first wish granting is long gone. Lrh11 was centuries old, but he just couldn't find anyone that made wishes anymore. Humans were hopeless and without hope... there were no wishes to grant. Wars broke out in countries all around the world, but without someone wishing it to end, he was unable to stop it. Lrh11 tried to find fellow satellites, but when he returned home, he saw his entire planet burned to a crisp. Lrh11 returned to Earth and he waited.

He waited years and years, watching, waiting for someone to finally make a wish.

On the 20th of November 2298, a small blond child was born. Lrh11 knew this child would be different, seeing as the way his parents raised him. First off, his parents refused to send the boy off to school and they taught him themselves instead. This was uncommon because most parents only had children so their last name would live on, not because they wanted to care for them.

The small blond boy's parents owned a great castle on a hill surrounded by meadows and forests. Lrh11 knew that the castle had very few windows, but one window showed the beautiful library in the castle. From the age of six, the small blond boy would read in the library every day. Lrh11 could not hear anything except wishes, hence the reason he did not know the boy's name.

The boy always read from thick book with "ANCIENT Fairy Tales" plastered on the front cover. One night, the boy snuck upstairs into the library to the window. The boy had read about ancient myths and legends that said that if you wish on a shooting star, you wish would come true.
Lrh11 was shocked when he saw the boy at the window, whom was now eight years old. Lrh11 hadn't granted a wish in years. He almost forgot how to shine his light. He saw the small boy's eyes light up and could see him giggle.

"I wish I had a kitten!" the boy exclaimed. Lrh11 could see the boy giggle again, but he would never be able to hear it because wishes were the only thing he would ever be able to understand. Lrh11 easily made a tiny black kitten appear in the boy's room. The small boy smiled and ran from the window in the library. Lr11 hoped the boy was quiet because he didn't want to get the poor boy in trouble. There was a very small window in the boy's room. Lrh11 saw the boy's eyes light up when he entered his room, obviously seeing the kitten on his bed.

Lrh11 sighed, seeing that night's work was done. This was all he wound ever do: grant wishes. Lrh11 wasn't even close to the bridge of distinction; it was as if he was still wandering in the abandoned town while everyone fell to their deaths.

The next night, the small boy wished for a bird. A bird flew into the boy's hands the next morning.

The boy's wishes continued in such a way; he would wish for an animal and he would be able to catch it the next day. Lrh11 did not realize what he was doing. He didn't know that these animals were extinct and he was bringing them back to life.

The small boy had an entire farm of animals by the time he was ten. Lrh11 smiled seeing the boy playing with the animals and taking care of them. This made him feel one of the few emotions he had, pride.

The parents on the other hand, looked worried. They saw their ten-year-old child playing in the meadow alone, pretending to take care of animals. They parents did not believe in miracles and they could not comprehend something they did not know was real. Therefore, everything the boy wished for was invisible to the parents.