✎ Chapter 1 ✐

It was a beautiful Monday morning. The sun was shinning, the birds are chirping.

And I'm stuck in a SUV for 5 hours with an annoying, stuck-in-the-60's single mother, a bratty, drama queen younger sister, a dumb, I-do-what-I-want older brother, a crazy scientist aunt, and I'm holding onto numerous items, such as clothes, books, the microwave oven, and many other things.
So, in other words - this day is pure shit.

My name is Vivian Brooks, and I'm 15 years old. I have shoulder length brown hair, fair skin color, hazel eyes, and I'm pretty tall.
I'm forced to move from Detroit, Michigan, to this small village in Chicago, Illinois, because my mom "found a better job." But in reality, she just wanted to escape from our dad, who, in her words, "was going insane." Even though all he did was have a relationship with another woman.

But hey, at least she wasn't an idiot and stayed with him.

Anyways, like I said, my mom, Evelyn, broke up with my dad, Joseph, about a month ago. A few days later, she said, "pack up, kids, 'cause we're moving to Chicago."

Sure, my initial reaction would be "yay, Chicago!" But in reality, I was like "really mom?"

But my sister Piper, who's the biggest drama queen of all of earth, got really excited.
She's dying to become the "next big child actress, the new Shirley Temple" or something. And you know how Chicago has a lot of acting agents and plays so y'know, it's a big chance for her.
She's been acting since she was six (she's eleven now, by the way) and can't say she's pretty great.

My laid back, lazy, "I do want I want mom, I'm already eighteen," older brother, Allan, was pretty excited too. He's a senior in high school - he had to repeat because, well, like I said, he was lazy. All he does is spend his time on his guitar and get high. I guess the only thing good that could happen to Allen is getting a record deal.

And surprisingly, mom has never caught him smoking weed. The only people that knows that he smokes pot is his good friends and I. It's a long story on how I caught him and how I actually kept my promise instead of being a tattletale.

Going back to the guitar thing, he did have a band though. The "Metallic Waves." Pretty stupid name, I know. Heard that he was hanging out with his friends, feeling pretty high. Then he starting hallucinating about swimming in the ocean, watching the waves, and seeing them turn into metal.
It may seem pretty weird, but Allan finds it "deep" and "connects with it on a spiritual level."
I wish the hell I knew why.

Anyways, now to my life story.
I'm a cheerleader. No, I'm not the cheer captain or anything. I'm actually the "human pretzel" of the team.
I'm very, very flexible.
I've been taking gymnastics ever since I was 5, and taken up cheerleading since I was 7.
I swear, I think I broken every inch of my bone practicing.
The last time I broke a bone was five months ago. I broke my ankle trying to do a backflip.
But don't worry, I think I mastered it already.

So now we're stuck in this damn SUV.
It's pretty hot in here since the AC is broken and our only source of air was the windows. Which is annoying, having to carry so much shit around while having your hair on your face.

This five hour trip was really, really long.
Every hour or so my sister always needs have a restroom break. So we always have to spend 5 minutes of our lives waiting in the rest stops for my sister to pee.

Another annoying thing is that my mom always has to play her stupid little sixties songs.
Her mind is still stuck in the sixties. She always says "1985? No dear, it's 1965!" And every Monday, she blasts that "Monday, Monday" song.

Throughout this whole car trip, my mom played that song four times.

We also have our Aunt Leah, who's the craziest scientist you'll ever meet.
She's cool, but like I said, she's really crazy.
She's currently behind our car, driving a medium sized truck.
She decided to move in with my mom, since she didn't want to live there anymore, since she nearly blew up her house doing and experiment once, and she wanted to find a actual proper job as a scientist in Chicago.
(She's 14 years my mom's junior. She's 27 and my moms 41. Oh, did I mention that we have 8 aunt and uncles, including my mom, in her side of the family? There's 4 aunts and 4 uncles. My mom's the second oldest. The youngest, aunt Rebecca, is 24)