✐ Chapter 2 ✎

I woke up at six in the morning, feeling exhausted.
New lesson learned: don't sleep so late.
I got up from the bed, all drowsy, as I walked over to the closet, getting a tie-dyed t-shirt, blue ripped jeans, and a pair of black and white converse.
I could've taken a break today, or maybe even a whole week, just so I can get to know the area better, but I guess going to school is a-okay.

I laid my clothing on my bed, and I walked to the bathroom.
It took me like half an hour to bathe because, well, I was really tired. And I really don't feel like going to school. Knowing how long and uncomfortable yesterday was, I really deserved a break. But like I said, school is 100% fine!
I left the bathroom and I ran to my room, a towel wrapped around my body and hair.
I quickly got dressed and grabbed my backpack, which was laying in the corner of my room, all empty.
I shoved a pack of paper, pencils, and a binder in my bag because I threw away like 90%
percent of my old stuff back in Detroit, and this was all I had left for now.

I quickly ran to the kitchen only to see my mom and my siblings, all standing there. Mom had a pretty stern face, which basically means I'm screwed.
"Viv, honey, what took you so long?" Mom said, in that fake "I love you but I'm going to hit you with a sandal" tone.
"Oh...Uh..." I said, before I got interrupted.
"You know you're wasting our time!" My mom growled. "You're going to be late for school!"
"Geez mom... I'm sorry!" I said, in a lazy-but-attitude-filled tone.
My mom sighed as she gave me a ham-and-cheese sandwich for breakfast, and five dollars for lunch.
She then pushed us out of the apartment, onto  the parking out, and drove us to school.
-
Throughout the whole car ride, mom complained about how much "time we waste" and how we shouldn't "sleep so late"
Moms. How annoying are they?
It wasn't long until we finally reached out destination. Bless.
-
Allan and I walked out of the car, and into the schools office to get our schedules.
We walked up to the receptionist, in which she said, "hello there, how may I assist you?"
"We'd like to get our schedules, please." Allan said.
"Oh, of course. What are your names?"
We told her our names are she starting typing them and printing them out.
"Here you go, dear!" She said. "Class starts in fifteen minutes. Good luck on your first day!"
We told her our thank you's and goodbye's as we walked out to the hallway.
This high school is pretty much like every other typical American high school — seniors bullying the freshman's, popular junior girls gossiping, Sophomores stuffing the nerds in the lockers, and so on and so forth.
"Damn." Allan and I said at the same time.

"Here's my class." Allan said, stopping midway. "I gotta go. See you later."
"Bye, Allan." I said, still walking forward, schedule in hand, looking for my class.
It took me a really long while to find my class and eventually the bell rang.
"Dang it." I said to myself, running through the halls, looking for my class, until I finally found it. 201b, with a huge sign that says "World History, Mr. Sears."
"Finally." I said to myself, as I open the door.
Once I did, the whole class turned around and stared at me awkwardly, while the teacher, a slim male in his mid forties, was not amused.
"Would you like to tell us why you're late?"
"I...Uh...I got lost − oh, and I'm new here..." I said, nervously.
"What's your name?" He asked, in that what-the-hell-child-your-wasting-our-precious-class-time tone
"Vivian Brooks." I said, stuttering a bit.
"Vivian..Vivian.." The teacher said, looking through files. "Vivi- Oh! That's you! Right... Um... Come and take a seat right there." He pointed at the back seat to the left.
I nodded and headed that way, sitting next to a blonde girl with pigtails and round glasses.
She seemed to concentrated in whatever she was doing, so I guess I shouldn't disturb her.
I took out my sole binder and paper and, being the good student that I am, began taking notes on whatever the heck we were learning.
It wasn't long until the mystery girl next to me screamed into my ear, saying, "hi!"
I flinched and said, "oh, uh, hello!"
"What's your name?" She asked, all enthusiastically.
"Vivian. Yours?"
"Coraline! But please, call me Coral! Or Cora! But I like Cora better!"
"Well... Uh... Nice to meet you, Cora!" I said, extending my hand out for her to shake, only for her to ignore it, and go onto another subject.
"Now that your here, you need to learn about everything that's going on in this school. The rumors, gossips, everything!"
Whoa....
Slow down there speed racer. I just came!
"Cora...I.." I said, confused.
Hey, I'm not here to listen to secrets or spill some rumors, y'know.
"'Cause that's the only way you can survive in this school!"
I couldn't budge. I sighed and insisted in listening to what she said.
"Alright, Cora. What's there to know."
"Okay, first off, what lunch do you have?" She asked.
"I don't know." I replied. "I just came here, remember?"
"What's your third period?"
"Algebra."
"Good, you have lunch with me. I'll spill all the tea at lunch, got it?"
I nodded.
"Uh... Girls? Is there something you two like to share?" The teacher said.
"N-no..." I said, nervously.
Come on, don't screw up my first day. I just made a friend!
"Alright, that's fine. Next time, there will be no warning..."
Warning? For what?
I nodded slowly as we continued on with the lesson.
-
After what seemed to be a long hour, we were finally released for our next period, which is Algebra.
And algebra is not my thing.
Can't wait to die, woohoo!
Since Cora had the same class as me, I followed her instead of wandering off alone, and ending up being late.
-
The class wasn't that far and luckily, we arrived early.
The teacher was probably in her early twenties, with blonde hair, and very wide hips. She seems to be the sweet type, and I do really hope she's sweet because that's the only way I could survive the school year. Especially with a class like this.
Cora and I walked up to the teacher, and she said, "hello, Miss Johnson! This is Vivian, a new student!"
"Hello, Vivian!" Ms. Johnson said with a smile. "Can you tell me your last name?"
"Brooks." I replied, as she looked through the attendance sheet.
"Alright Vivian, you may sit wherever you please." She said, as I followed Cora and sat next to her.
Like last class, we spoke and spoke and barely payed attention to the lesson. But this time, she didn't call us out. Thank god.
After what seemed to be quite a short class, the bell rang and we were all released from our cells to lunch.
Cora and I ran to the lunch line so we wouldn't get stuck in traffic and we wouldn't have to lose our spot.
We got our lunch and we sat in a table that's far from the exit, which was kinda empty.
"Alright, so you see those two girls?" Cora said, pointing to a medium-length brown haired girl and a short blonde haired girl, crowded around a bunch of other girls.
"Mhm." I replied.
"Well, they're Leslie and Lia, the two most popular girls in school. Everyone wants to be them for at the same time, they fear them. You can't really fuck with them unless you want to be the laughing stock of the school."
I nodded as Cora continued on.
"And you see those two guys over there?" Cora said, pointing at two dark brown haired guys.
"They're Max and Ian. They're like the girls previously mentioned, except the guy version. Oh, and they're not dating Leslie and Lia either. They're dating those girls." She said, pointing at two girls sitting next to the guys, one with long blonde hair in a side ponytail, and another with short black hair in a normal ponytail with bangs. "They're Deb and Hilly. They're nice, but they get bitchy sometimes."
I nodded.
"So, in conclusion. Don't fuck with them." Cora said, with a smile. "Anyone else you want to learn about?"
"Yeah... Uh..." I said, looking for the cute boy I saw the other day.
"Him." I said, pointing at him, who's a few rows ahead of me, sitting next to a blonde haired boy.
"Oh... Him..." Cora said. "That's Wyatt and Gary. They're the laughing stock of the school and the biggest nerds of the school. They were kinda popular after they hosted this big party after hanging out with this hot girl I've never seen before, and even dated Deb and Hilly. But that came to an end after like a month and Deb and Hilly broke up with the boys. So they went back to their original roots. Anyways, if you ever speak to them,  you'll become the laughing stock of the school."
"Oh....What a pity." I said, my smile turning to a frown. "But Wyatt seems so nice, and cute..."
Cora chuckled a bit. "Well, I never spoke to them, just because I don't want to ruin my image at this school.... It's like Vegas, y'know — whatever happens here, stays in here."
I nodded as the bell rang and Cora and I walked to our next class — gymnastics.
Ah, gymnastics. The best sport in the world.
and pretty much the only class I look forward to during this block.
Cora and I walked over to the Coach, a tall, obviously energetic and athletic young lady, and Cora said, "hey, Coach Mitchell! This is Vivian, a new student in our school!"
"Hey, Vivian! Welcome to gymnastics! It's nice to meet new students like you! Now tell me, how long have you been in gymnastics?"
"Pretty much all my life." I replied.
"That's perfect! Now, here's your uniform — don't worry, you can pay for it next class, and go change in the bathroom. Cora will go with you."
I smiled and gave her my thank you's as I walked with Cora over to the bathroom to change.
"Wow, she's really nice." I said.
"Well, she's like that the first time she meets someone. The rest of the school year she's.... Well... You'll see." Cora said.
We left the bathroom and walked to the middle of the class until we were stopped by Leslie and Lia.
"Hey, Cora." Leslie said, as she blew her gum. "Who's your little friend?"
"She's—" Cora said, before I interrupted her.
"I'm Vivian."
Leslie and Lia laughed.
"Wow, how courageous are you!" Lia said, as she nudged my shoulder.
"You really think your fit for this class?" Leslie said, chewing her gum like a cow. Speaking of which, she reminds me of a cow. Nah, how could I compare a trash can like Leslie to the beauty of a cow. I'd say she's more like a rat.

"Of course I am, I've spent years doing this."
"Alright then, prove it." Lia said, in that bitchy I'm-so-popular tone, pointing at the tumbling mat "Go tumble for me."
"Sure." I smirked as I walked over to the mat did the best moves I can.
Leslie and Lia smirked.
"Good, but not good enough." Leslie said.
"Try to do better next time, dear." Lia added.
They both walked away as they began laughing.
"Stupid bitch." I said to myself, and sat down next to Cora as the teacher walked in.
"Alright girls, first we're going to stretch, and then we'll practice."
We all nodded as we began to stretch.
"This is pretty much our daily routine." Cora said.
"Don't you get tired of doing this?" I asked.
"Obviously, but what are you going to do about it?"
I shrugged as I continued my stretching.
After a long 15 minutes of, in my opinion, unnecessary stretching, we all began to practice our moves.
-
Meanwhile, Wyatt Donnelly and Gary Wallace, after changing into their PE clothes, stood there in the main gymnastic entrance, starring at all the girls bottoms in awestruck. Even though they broke up with Deb and Hilly a long time ago, they still want other fish to catch.
Max and Ian, on the other hand, are behind them, smirking wildly. They decide to the the biggest prank known to men — pulling down their pants.
They've done this so many times to the boys, and will still continue to do it, even in their death beds.
Max and Ian get close to the boys and pull their pants all the way down, with Wyatt and Gary's underwear visible.
"Hey girls!" Max shouted out.
Everyone in the class turned around and laughed as they saw Wyatt and Gary standing there awkwardly with their underwear.
I was the only one who wasn't laughing because I felt really bad for them.
"Why aren't you laughing at them?" Cora asked.
I shrugged and turned the other way.
As the boys pull up their pants and run away, and as the girls continue on with their practice, I waited until everyone wasn't looking, and ran out to look for the guys.
I saw them in the locker room right next to the main gymnastics room, and asked "hey guys, you alright?"
The boys turned around in confusion and in awe, because it's the first time a girl ever felt pity for them.
"What do you want?" Gary asked, all irritated.
"Nothing... Listen, I'm not gonna hurt you guys, or bully you or whatever. I just want to help you guys, and become friends."
Gary and Wyatt exchanged glances and smiled as they both said, "Sure."
I smiled and sat next to Wyatt.
"So, what's your names?" I asked, lowkey trying to pretend that I never learnt their names before.
"I'm Wyatt, and that's Gary." Wyatt said. "What's yours?"
"Vivian."
"Vivian.... That's a pretty name." Wyatt said, which made me blush hard.
"Oh... Uh... Thank you."
We spoke and spoke about their problems in school and the type of families they have, while I told them about how I'll help them and how I'll become their friends, until I got interrupted by a familiar voice.
"Hey, Miss Brooks!" Coach shouted out, standing alongside the number one bitches in the country, Leslie and Lia, and Cora on the other said.
"What are you doing here?"
———
A/N:
(I haven't proofreaded yet, but I will do so later!)
yoyoyoyo guys!!!! I finally updated this chapter after like years!!!! aND ITS 2,500 WORDS WOW WOULD YA LOOK @ THAT
tbh my writing kinda sucks but I will fix it in the future ok!!!
but anyways I hope you'll enjoy this fanfic!!!!
I will update my other two fanfics sometime ok ily all 💖💖💖💖💖
- ya girl Alice 😛