✐ Chapter 3 ✎

"Oh.... Uh—" I said, stuttering.
"Do you want to get a detention on the first day of school?" Coach snapped.
"N-no!"
"Then get back to class!" She commanded, as I stood up from the benchers and walked back to class, Cora walking behind me.

"And you two!" Coach said, pointing at Wyatt and Gary. "If you come back to this class one more time without the teachers permission, I will give you both a referral! Is that clear?"
"Yes, Coach." The boys mumbled, walking out of the locker room and leaving to the P.E. room.

"What the hell was that, Viv?" Cora said. "You do know hanging with them is a social suicide, right?"
"Yeah, but.... I felt bad for them. Don't you see they need company?" I remarked.
"Why would they need company if they have each other?" Cora said.
I sighed and shrugged, as I start to fix my short brown hair and starting doing two pigtails. "Whatever. I'm still going to talk to them anyways. It's not like every girl in the school noticed."
"Leslie and Lia did."
"So?"
"They're going to tell the whole school!"
"Alright, whatever you say." I walked away and sat in my spot.
"I warned you..." Cora called out from a distance.

Once the bell rang, I ran out of the class, grabbed my stuff, and walked out.
I looked left and right for Gary and Wyatt, until I found them hiding under a tree.
I walked up to them and said "hey guys!"
They turned around and replied "hey, Viv!"
"How'd it go in PE?" I asked.
"Shitty." Wyatt answered
"We got Sunday detention." Gary added
"Gee, that's sucks." I said. "Lucky for me, I didn't get anything. Probably because it's my first day, y'know."
"No wonder you spoke to us." Gary said.
We then heard a car horn go off.
"That's my ride." Gary said. "See you guys tomorrow."

"Bye." We both said, as Wyatt scoot over and signaled me to sit down next to him.
"Why did Gary say 'no wonder'" I asked Wyatt
"'Cause, if you were here for a long time you know that you can't hang out with us. No one does. We're the losers of the school."
"But I don't think your losers."
"But others do. And we're bullied almost everyday by those assholes who call themselves Max and Ian." Wyatt said, looking down, sadly.
"You know what, lets forget about this. You wanna go talk a walk?"
"Uh...Well..." I looked out to see if my mom was around. Eh, maybe she's still at my sisters school talking to the teachers. I know she'll take long. "Sure, why not?"
Wyatt smiled and stood up. "Alright, let's go."

We then started walking to this small park a block away from the school.
We walked over to this small food stand and Wyatt said, "you want anything? it's all on me."
"Um....Sure! Thank you, Wyatt."
He nods as he turns to the cashier and says "two lemonades, please."
The cashier nods as he gives the drinks to us.
"One dollar." The cashier says. Wyatt then proceeds to pay him.
"Thank you." He said, as we kept walking.

"So, tell me about yourself." I said to him, trying to sound more friendly than flirty.

"Well, I love science, I'm superior at math, and... Well... Would you believe me if I said I created a woman?"
I almost choked on my lemonade. "Say what now?"
"Yeah, I created a woman. With the help of Gary, of course. It's a long story, but the short version is that we were extremely desperate, so we decided to create a woman, named Lisa. She knew how much of a loser we were so she helped up by getting new clothes, cars, everything. She even made a party in my house! But then she had to go, and that's when we went back to normal."

"Whoa.... That's, cool I guess."
"You don't believe me, do you."
"Of course I do, it just sounds unrealistic."
"Well, it is true. If you want proof, ask anyone." Wyatt said. "So, how about you?"
"Well, I've been cheerleading since I was five, my parents are divorced, and my siblings are annoying."
"Nice." Wyatt said, chuckling. "There's a cheerleading team in the school, maybe you should join."
"I've been thinking about that actually, and I might do it. But I'm not sure yet."

We then walked back to the school as I saw my mom standing there with my siblings, this time, not that pissed. Surprisingly.
"Hey, so I gotta go. my moms here. Bye, Wyatt." I said, waving at him. "Bye, Vivian."

I then walked up to my family.
"Hey, honey. How's school?" Mom asked
"Great!" I replied, a huge smile on my face.
Today's probably the greatest day of my life. Somewhat. Although it would have been better if I didn't get in trouble.
But that doesn't matter — what matters is that cute-boy Wyatt and I are friends.