✎ Chapter 5 ✐

"Hey, mom." I asked, before school began. "I need to ask you two things."

"Sure, sweetheart. Go ahead." Mom said.

"Okay," I began. "First off, cheerleading tryouts are today, so I might get out of school a bit late. Are you okay with that?"

"Of course, honey." Mom replied, concentrating on cooking the breakfast. "What's the next question?"

"Remember Wyatt from yesterday? Well, he invited me over to his house on Saturday. Do I have permission to go?"

Once mom heard the words "over to his house," she almost dropped her eggs.

"Vivian, you just met this boy yesterday!"

"Yeah, mom, I know." I said. "But you said that I should make new friends, right? And that's exactly what I'm doing."

Mom sighed, and said. "Yeah, you're right. Alright fine, you can go to Wyatt's house."
I smiled brightly and went up to hug my mom.

"Thank you so much, mom! I love you!"
Mom chuckled, "I love you too, sweetheart."

After school came, which meant that it's finally time for cheerleading tryouts.

I walked in the gymnastics room, a duffel bag in one hand and my normal school bookbag in the other.

I'm actually the only person here, which means that I'm either late, or no one else wants to try out.

"Brooks!" Coach Mitchell shouted out, which made me flinch. "You're two minutes late! Go and change right now!"

"Y-Yes, Coach." I said, nervously, walking to the changing room.

Once I walked in, I saw a bunch of girls who are still changing, some that are in their undies and bras chatting around, and some that just didn't change at all.

And yes, all of the girls are the popular girls Cora told me about.

Cora was there too; Hanging with Leslie and Lia.

She probably became popular after she caught me with Wyatt and Gary. God, what a traitor.

Once I found a spot in the crowded dressing room, a short, blonde girl turned my way and gave a grossed out expression, screaming out, "Oh, my god! That's the weird new girl!"

Every girl turned their eyes on me and began to laugh.

Leslie, Lia, and their new member of their squad, Cora, came up to me and Lia said,

"Hey, newbie. I didn't think you're good enough to join the cheerleading team."

At this point, I was in flames. "Oh, really? What a coincidence. I didn't think you're good enough to join the cheerleading team either. As a matter of fact, I didn't think you were into cheerleading at all!"

Leslie, Lia, and Cora looked at each other all angrily, and Lia was close to punching me, but she resisted.

Coach Mitchell then walked into the room, and said, "Girls, you have two minutes to change, so hurry up!"

After Coach left, The girls turned back to me and Leslie said, "You know what, kid? This is war!"

They then walked back to their spots, And Cora turned her head to look at me.

Once she did, I mouthed the words "you shithead of a traitor," but Cora didn't respond; she just turned her head back and followed the other girls.

----

Two minutes has passed and we are all now in a straight line, waiting for Coach Mitchell and two other senior girls who were cheer captains last year to call roll.

Once they did, the two former cheer captain forced us to get into groups of four.

Which is terrible for me because you know, nobody likes me.

Everyone eventually got into groups. Except me.

One of the former cheer captions, a long haired brunette girl with tan skin, asked, "Who here isn't in a group?"

All of the other girls looked at me and I awkwardly raised my hand.

The former cheer captain walked up to me, and then looked at the other groups, to see if theres a group of three.

She then pointed at the group with Leslie, Lia, and Cora, and said, "You can join that one."

'Great.' I thought to myself. 'These girls are going to ruin my chances of getting in.'

I nodded slowly and walked up to the group of bitches.

"Oh, would you look at that." Leslie said. "Guess who had to join our group."

I scoffed. "Oh, shut up! You should be blessed to have me."

Although I am very proud of my sassiness today,

I am really not ready for this. At all.

I honestly just hope for the best in this tryouts.

And for those three girls to burn in hell.

----------

A/N: yoooooo guyssss i finally updated wooohoooo!

I'm actually really proud of the way i wrote this chapter, and i hope you'll enjoy it too.

don't forget to vote and comment! thank you guys ily all <3

-Alice