Chapter 4: Scars and Demons

Asami's POV:
I stood there. I had no idea what to think. There were cuts a scars lining her wrist. I starred for a long time until Korra began to lower her arms, my eyes didn't move. And my mouth stayed wide open. That is, until I saw a tear hit the floor infront of me. I looked up and Korra was crying. Her eyes threatening to explode with tears. I took a step closer and pulled her sleeves down.
"I-I d-didn't want you t-to know this way. I-I didn't w-want you to k-know a-at all. I-I'm sorry." She was crying hard and practically choking herself. I held her in my arms. I didn't know what to do. Suddenly my brain clicked, my mother used to sing me a song when I was this upset. I guess I have no choice. I began softly while I rubbed circles in her back.
"Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Comes marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home." As I finished the last line of the short song her sobs subsided. But she didn't move, she wouldn't let go. And honestly I didn't want her to.

Korra's POV:
She stood there and starred at me like someone just caused a murder infront of her. After a little while I started to lower my arms and I couldn't help but let a tear escape and soon more followed. Something inside me broke. And I don't understand why. I felt myself start to choke and I couldn't breathe. I spilled my heart out to her, without knowing to conciquences.
"I-I d-didn't want you t-to know this way. I-I didn't w-want you to k-know a-at all. I-I'm sorry." I stuttered over almost every word. I felt her arms wrap around me. She began to sing and had the voice of an angle. I felt like the world was gone. Like I could breathe again. I didn't know what song it was, but it sounded so familiar. I couldn't quite figured it out. We stayed there for a long time. Through atleast one whole class. But I just couldn't let go. I felt safe. It felt nice. Eventually she pulled away looking me straight in the eyes. Asami gave me a small smile and kissed my forehead. I smiled back. And mouthed thank you. Only because I could find the words. She smiled.
"C'mon. Let's go to lunch. I'm kinda hungry." She held her hand out to me and I intertwined our fingers. She lead me out of the gym and to the cafateria. I sat down and didn't eat much. But Asami forced me to eat half of her sandwich. After lunch it was pretty boring. Just regular classes. But thank god it was friday. Tomorrow I would get a break. That is, until Asami ran up to me after the final bell. I was curious but scared as to where this might lead.