Chapter 5: Invited?

Asami's POV:
"Hey Korra!" I shouted as I ran after her she turned and smiled at me. Her smile was beautiful. "You want to come to my house?" I spoke quickly to avoid rejection.
"Sure! I'll just text my mom." She spoke with such enthusiasm. It was almost like today wasn't real. I grabbed her hand and dragged her to my car. She starred in awe at the jet black '69 Corvette. She ran her fingers down the passangers side hood and I chuckled.
"You getting in?" I smiled and laughed as she snapped back to reality.
"Where in gods name did you get this beautiful car?" She was still examining it while she jumped in.
"My dad got it for me when I was 15. I learned to drive in this car."
"I want it. I am SO stealing this from you." I smiled, I wouldn't mind sharing the car with her. We headed towards my house and I unlocked the door. Korra ran straight to the fridge in search of food. She didn't take much. But enough to get herself by while I turned the TV on. She came and sat next to me with a bowl of dry cereal. Her moth was full while she looked over and offered me some. I just laughed and pushed it away. She continued to eat. Once is was all gone she spoke.
"Sorry, I always eat after school. It's my schedual. Didn't mean to raid your fridge like that." She scratched the back of her neck nervously which made me smile. She was so adorable it made me melt. I blushed and told her it was okay.

Korra's POV:
I just freaking raided her fridge and she tells me it's okay? Who is this girl? And why it she so nice to me! I have no idea what's wrong with me, she's making me feel a strange way. I can't help it. She's perfect. I get a text from my mom.
"Hey hunny, your dad just got deployed again. I'm sorry you missed it but he didn't think it was nessesary. Sorry! Also I'm going out with Pema tonight so it would be great if you could come home now or find a place to stay because I'm leaving in an hour! Love you!"
"Shit" I cursed under my breath as I looked up at Asami. "Hey, I have to go my parents are leaving and if I don't get home soon I'm sleeping on the streets! But I'll text you!" She looked at me as I stood up and headed towards the door.
"Hey Korra wait!" She called after me as I slowed down but continued to move. "Why don't you just stay? We have a spare room."
"Really?.." I stood there in shock. Asami was inviting me to stay with her in her house. Why the hell would I turn that down?
"Yeah, I mean, you can't make it all the way across town by walking even though it looked like you were going to sprint." She chuckled. "So why don't you just stay here?" She smiled softly. I felt my cheeks heat up into a blush as I looked at the ground.
"Okay. Cool! But I don't have anything to sleep in. I mean. I'm wearing jeans, so we could head home and get-" i was cut off.
"I have a pair of sweatpants you can borrow! It'll be fun! Like a sleepover!" She smiled softly at me.
"I was never really invited to sleepovers when I was young." I scratched nervously at the back of my neck and she leaned in and kissed my forehead. I couldn't believe what I felt.
"That's okay! It'll be fun! I promise!" I agreed and Asami cheered through the rooftops. I texted my mom and told her that I had a place and she was happy for me. This was weird. But I kinda liked it.