Chapter 19

"Mom were going out." His mom looks between me and Aaron suspiciously.

"Is there something going on here?"

"Uhm..." Aaron scratches the back of his neck nervously.

"Mom it honestly isn't what you think it is. I'm just helping Haz. We'll be back at 7." Aaron grabs my hand and walks out of the house before his mom can question us.

Once we're outside Aaron looks at me. "You can do this Hazy." I nod and take out my phone.

"Hello?" the gruff voice asks.

"Reece!"

"Hasley?" he asks unamused.

"Of course!"

"What'd you come back for more?" I flinch at his sarcasm.

"Why else would I be calling?" I say in a duh voice.

"Alright babe, I'll text you the address."

I hang up quickly before I cracked. I stare down at my phone disgusted. Aaron take my hands and pulls me into him.

"You did great Hazy." he whispers in my ear, sending chills down my spine, good chills.

"Come on, let's go before I change my mind." I whisper, grabbing his hand. He stops, jerking me backwards. Aaron catches me before I fall. I tilt my head back to catch him looking breathlessly at me. I can't describe how sexy he looks right now. His hair is messy, but a hot messy. His eyes are concerned, and his mouth is half open. Until he notices I'm staring, his mouth turns to a sexy grin. And oh boy is he makin me sweat. He helps me back up.

"See something you like shorty?" I roll my eyes and walk away from him down the street towards Reece's home. I stop at my home and grab Elmo and tell my mom that I'm going to Ellie's for the night and part of tomorrow. As soon as I walk out of the house, Elmo attacks Aaron with kisses and licks. Aaron smiles a genuine smile as he plays with Elmo. I giggle while I watch them.

"Elmo! Here boy!" I yell, as Elmo hops off and comes by my side. Aaron smiles at me and holds out his hand for me to take as we walk down the sidewalk towards our destination.

"Are you sure?"

He nods his head.

I stop walking. He looks at me confused.

"Aaron! I don't want you getting hurt because of me!" I counter.

"Babe! I want to! A guy can't go do shit like this a expect to get away with it! You're my best friend, I'm standing behind you every step. And no one. No one. Does something like that to you. Ever." happy tears roll down my face. If we were dating, I probably would have kissed him.

I grab him into a big hug. "Come on let's go, he's expecting me."