Chapter 29

"Shhh. Hazy. I'm here. It's ok. I got you." Aaron cooed, running his hand up and down my back as he held me tight to him.

"...so...scared..." I sob through cries, not even getting out all that I was going to say.

"I know Hasley. Me too." I look up into his angry, concerned eyes.

"You were?" he nods slightly. I smile faintly at him, and lift up my chin and gently kiss his lips, saying thank you with the kiss.

"You are the second maybe third thing I love most in this world." he states, stroking my cheek. I look at him bewildered.

"Second or third!? What?" I grin up at him. Realization flashes across his face.

"Cassidy." is all he says, and I know instantly. I smile at him, nodding my head slightly.

"You're such a great brother." he shakes his head.

"I am not. I wish I could protect her so much more." I look up at him, sympathetically, remembering the faint conversation about her dad. I grab both sides of his face, making him look into my wet eyes.

"From what I can see, you're the best brother she could ever ask for." He half-smiles at me.

"Thanks Hazy Bae." I grin at him, shaking my head.

"No. Thank you Aaron. If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have had the guts to get out of there. I don't know what I would do if I lost my best friend?" I tell him honestly with tears in my eyes. Before he can answer, all the students are coming out of their tents and sit in the center area with Aaron and I. Soon Mrs. Robinson comes in the center looking pissed off. Once everyone is there, she doesn't hesitate to start.

"Who did it?" She says, sternly. Everyone looks around confused, but no one comes forwards.

"If you were the one who did it then you will know what I'm talking about!" She says, trying to realis the incident.

No one comes forward.

"If no one come's forward, I'm cancelling the trip right now and we're all going home and everyone will be questioned!" Everyone looks around at one another, pissed off and trying to figure out what happened. I catch Nick, Bryce, Josh, and Ellie look at Aaron and I skeptically. I look away, not wanting to show them how scared and frightened I actually am.

No one came forward.