Dreams

My mother and I, fresh out of the hospital from double checking to see if something was wrong, have a new car for now. We were given a temporary car until ours was fixed. Turns out it wasn't as demolished as I had explained earlier.
    We drove through the town of Concrete like over whelmed tourists, or at least I was. My mother has been here at least twice in her visits, for her work. My mom let us drive around to see the sights. We drove by the grocery store, a gas station and store, a restaurant, and the silos saying 'Welcome to Concrete'. We went into town on Main Street where there was a cinema, being still dark outside, it was hard to see what was playing in the theater this weekend. We passed a small antique store, restaurant, another restaurant, dental place, and a fire station. She even showed me the school.
     We were finally on the road to our house. We had to cross a bridge to get to it, then turned left. We drove for a while till all I could see were trees, all of them if not most of them were douglas fir's with a few maple's and cedars scattered about. Then that's when we pulled into our drive. No other people that I could see lived anywhere near hear.
     The house was a cute little cottage, with wood shingles as the exterior walls. Purple window trim, un-finished garden in front, and small steps leading to the front door. The grass was slightly tall, you could tell no one has lived here for a while. My mom told me that there was a river just about a half mile behind the house.
     I entered the house with excitement. There was some furniture but not a lot. It was very outdoors cabin like on the inside, almost everything was made out of wood. It was awesome. I raced around the house, looking into every nook and cranny.
    The kitchen had a farm sense to it, with its rooster themed things every where. I raced up the stairs. The master bed room was a most perfect size, not huge, and not a nursery either.
     The perfect room of mine that mother said would be at the end of the hall, was magnificent. My room was as big as my mothers. A white bed with a warn oak frame was already in place, an oak dresser next to it, and a nice big closet to the right. The walls were an off white, like a cream color. I made myself comfortable and set some stuff down, including a lavender plant on the window sill. I hadn't realized how tired I was till I laid down on the bed. I closed my eyes.

     I found myself in the woods, it was beautiful. Light rays danced through the trees as the spring breeze blew through them. Bird's chirped, tall but soft grass comforted me, a stream trickled beside me, and it was like heaven.
     Slowly yet suddenly the sky turned dark, someone was dimming the lights, and then it was night. Crickets chirped and I saw fire fly's dancing around the trees. Yet again, it was beautiful. But something seemed dark and evil. The crickets stopped there chirping, and the fire fly's suddenly disappeared.
     A low growl, like the one from the forest outside the farm and at the car crash came from behind a bush. I turned and began to run but it seemed like I was getting nowhere. Suddenly I was on a road, the highway. I was running, when I turned my head I was looking out the window, I was in our new car.
      I expected an elk to run across the road, but I didn't see anything. Then I went through the car, and landed on my butt on the road. The car kept going. Then I saw the thing that hit our car run out of the woods. It was to blurry to make out the features. The car went right through the creature, but the creature acted exactly like the car hit it.
      I ran towards the creature. Then pictures flashed in front of me, blocking my way, but they seemed like it was my mind flashing pictures, they weren't physically in front of me. Large teeth, and what seemed to be an alligator mouth. But the mouth turned differently, it had a great golden eye, large nostrils, long snout, and ears that looked like a horses ears. It had small scales as its skin. Almost like leather. It roared at my face. I tried to run, but then I fell. A circle of fire surrounded me.
      I looked over the fire to find myself back in the woods. I saw the creature walk around the fire. As it went all the way round the fire, it stared at me. I knew what this creature was now, a dragon. It stopped and, like ink being dropped into water, smoke covered the beast. Then it disappeared.
     That echo began in my head again, and began to speak, the voice was a female.
     "Five seconds!" she declared.
     I couldn't see her, I just heard her in my head. A flaming arrow hit a tree that had apeared behind me. The voice began to count down. I held my head.
    She was at the last two numbers. I looked back and two blackened figures were standing behind me. One with a bow and a flaming arrow, raised the bow slowly to my face. The fire illuminated their faces. The two girls from the wreck. 
     "Two... one..."
     Then it was quiet.
     I gasped. I was covered in sweat. I lifted myself up, I had fallen asleep. My new bed was surprisingly comfortable.
     According to the dream, the animal we hit was a dragon. My dream is playing tricks on me. Dragons are fictional creatures anyway. I have had dreams where I was Alice in 'Alice in wonderland', but that was after watching it the same night. But the visual was pretty correct on what I saw run in front of the car. Maybe the car crash was a dream too. I felt my forehead where I had supposedly hit my head in the crash, but I could feel the bump. Dang, it did happen.
I went down stairs, after taking a shower, and tried to find where my mom put the cereal. Let alone, any food. But, nothing. Every cupboard and drawer, empty, even the fridge was empty. I went back upstairs to find my mom. I opened her door slowly, so I didn't wake her up suddenly. Problem was she wasn't there. I ran downstairs yelling her name. She didn't seem to be in the house.
    I ran outside to see if she was there. I called her name so many times I thought I might lose my voice. I probably searched the entire property, till I went back inside. I went and plopped on the couch. I looked up, and that's when I noticed, on the TV, was a sticky note. I groaned, because I knew exactly what it was for, and what it was going to say. I walked up to the TV, and took the note off of the TV.

Amber, I thought you would like something to eat this morning, so I went to the store to get food for the house. I didn't want to wake you so I went by myself. If you wake up early enough to see this note. Go outside and explore, and get to know the property before I get back. - Mom