The Madness Continues

"Amber!" I heard my mom yell out the window.
My eyes glowed at her destress. I ran back to her window. I had heavy breaths of fear. I was instantly angry at who ever was assaulting my mom. I skidded to a stop, almost burying my moms carrot patch, and scanned her bedroom window. "Mom?"
She hung her body halfway out the window, she was smiling in the most giddy way. She laughed.
Knowing she was okay now, I looked away quickly and hid my eyes before I turned them back to normal.
I looked back up to her. She wasn't in destress at all. Her golden hair was curly like she didn't blow dry or brush it. She is usually so good about maintaining her look of brushing and straightening her hair everyday.
"Oh hi honey! I'm such a cluts!" She said giving herself the duh look and gesturing to the broken pot at my feet. "Have a good day at school?"
"Yeah-mom, careful, don't fall out of the window!" I said putting my hands up as if to stop her from falling.
"I'm fine I do this all the time!" She laughed and put her hand under her chin as a rest.
"No you don't..." I mumbled to myself. "Hold on I'm coming up, don't get any farther out the window!" I called before I sprinted into the house. I ran up the stairs and into her room to see her still halfway out her window. I carefully came beside her on her bed and gently guided her inside. "Come on back in, there you go..." I said as if talking to my deranged elderly mother. I sighed after that realistic thought.
She seemed like an eleven year old girl as she cris-crossed her legs on the bed and began braiding her hair. I watched her with pity and sadness, knowing that my mother was probably gone. Her eyes were no longer the colorful caring blue I once knew. Instead, they were now faded, sad and glazed over as if she wasn't in control of her emotions. They were grey. I almost cried thinking about her leaving me like this. I looked down to avoid tears.
"What's wrong sweetie?" She asked me.
I looked up at her, the mother I once knew. She seemed truthfully concerned but her eyes seemed to bore straight through me. I sucked in a strong breath for my answer to not squeak out of me. "Stress. Just stress from school." I said to her.
She nodded blankly. "Well if there's anything I can help you with just come and ask me!" She said finishing her braid. She tide it off with a pink ribbon and skipped out of the room.
I sat on her bed and stared at the blankets. How am I going to fix This morning I felt too lazy to try to where something nice. So I just slipped on yoga pants and a grey sweatshirt that said Panda.org on the back. I went downstairs and I ate my sugary cereal and headed to the bus, then I was off to school.
My classes seemed more interesting today, I found history to be more intriguing now since I've seen into the past myself. It makes me want to learn more. Although, I did enroll into Concrete High half way through so you know what that means... more tests. Not too excited about about that.
I made my way down the hall with a skip in my step and a smile on my face, ready for the day. It's funny, everyone else looked too tired to be here. I carried on my way and headed for lunch.
Mid-skip my foot hooked onto someone's leg that was intentionally stuck out, and I went flying. Okay, maybe only two feet, but my face just about made contact with the floor. My instant reaction of my hands being out in front of me caused my invisible force to try and hold my weight, but broke on contact and also caused papers to fly away from me. It happened so fast, nobody thought anything different than me just falling over.
I heard some laughs and some people who asked if I was okay. I nodded and proceeded to get back up on my own knowing full well all they really wanted was to get first in line for lunch. Some people are particularly excited about chicken nuggets.
As I inhaled I paused realizing who had tripped me. I continued to get up and with a sigh I turned to Onyx. "What." I asked a little aggressively.
The other two were standing behind her. The one farther back had a large bandage on her shoulder and went under her t-shirt across her chest. The one in front of me had a sassy smirk across her face. There was a large spot under her chin where she tried to cover up a bruise with makeup. "I just wanted to ask what was for lunch today?" She said innocently twirling a lock of her straight blond hair.
I have now concluded that she was the leader of all the Onyx's, I decided to call her Onyx, but the others would be Onyx followers one and two. Two being the one with the bandage on her shoulder.
"I hope you enjoyed the beating yesterday." I said trying to be sassy back.
She sighed. "Cut the crap Amber." Her voice echoed in the now empty halls. "I want my book back. Now." She demanded with her hand out.
"What book?"
"Don't play stupid with me, Amber!" She said through her teeth.
A couple of girls passed us talking about their prom dresses. We stayed silent as they walked by.
"I seriously don't know what the heck your talking about." I said with my hands up.
"You better give it to me Amber, or your in for more pain..." She said reaching into her back pocket. She pulled out her pink camo pocket knife and held it at her waist.
A lump in my throat formed as I laid my eyes on the blade. I looked away and clenched my fists, trying to be strong. "What? Are you gonna stab me in the middle of school?"
She brought out her phone and looked at it for a second. "We have fifteen minutes till schools out." She smiled.
"What?"
"It's a half day today." Onyx one said.
"It is? Oh, I guess it is... But still what's with the knife?" I asked, still a little nervous about the knife.
She smiled without her teeth and put the knife away. I heard foot steps behind me. I turned around to see our band teacher Mr. Ormsby walking by.
He nodded to us. "Lady's."
We nodded back and smiled as if the world was at peace. As soon as he was farther away we went back to scowling at each other.
"It was just a threat..." Onyx said innocently again.
I rolled my eyes and turned away and headed down the hall towards lunch.
I waited in line and loaded my plate with good tasting veggies. I sat down in the same spot as I did my first day. As did the Onyx's. We sat a couple seats away from each other and other people began to sit around us.
My chicken nuggets were staring straight into my face. Or at least it felt like it. I haven't eaten meat since a couple days ago, and it looked so good, but I don't want to stray away from my tradition. Plus, if I always heal myself unconsciously, it shouldn't worry.
I asked my elbow neighbor if they wanted them. She said yes and took them off my tray. I contently ate my greens.
I could see Onyx looking over at me. I rolled my eyes and turned to her with an almost whiny voice. "Onyx, what?"
"Do you not like chicken nuggets?" She asked as if I was an alien for not liking them.
My brows came together. "No, I don't eat meat."
She snorted in laughter along with Onyx one and two.
I sighed. "Yes, I am a vegetarian..." I said as if I've said it already a million times.
Their laughter slowed down till all that was left was their bewildered faces as they realized I was serious. Onyx two looked back at her food shaking her head in disbelief as she began to eat her chicken nuggets.
Onyx coughed out a laugh once. "Whatever." She looked back down at her tray, but couldn't help herself but come back for more. "Even if it was true, you know you can't live like that forever." She was almost sounding like she was seriously curious, but had just enough sass to hide it.
"But," I chose my words carefully. "I can revive myself, and others as well," I raised my hand and wiggled my fingers. "Most of the time when I don't know it." I turned back to my salad on my tray and began breaking apart my carrots to mix into the salad.
Onyx's eyes twitched as she tried not to believe me. She looked like she was really struggling with her emotions. She eventually huffed in a frustrating manner and ate her food violently.
I was done with my food so I headed to my locker to put my stuff away before I waited for the bus.
Heading down the hallway I felt a buzz in my pocket. I brought out my phone and saw a message from my mom. 'I'm picking you up today. Meet me in the student parking lot.' That was probably the most straight forward text my mom had ever written.
I turned on my heels and headed down the hall towards the student parking lot. This reminded me of when Onyx held me by the blade of a knife down this hall and forced me into her car where she would torture me.
I shivered. I glanced around myself keeping an eye out for Onyx, just in case.
I walked out the doors and didn't see my mom's car anywhere. Maybe I just couldn't see it from here. I walked down the steps and into the middle of the U-turn and walked out at an angle to look down the line of cars. My mom's car wasn't among them.
I hummed questionably as I brought out my phone and quickly texted my Mom back. 'Hey where are you?'
It tools a minute before she answered. 'Home. Why?'
Perfect. She's so mad she already forgot about picking me up. The busses have already left so that was a no-go. There was no one else who could give me a ride. The only other person in my contacts was Onyx, and I'm not getting a ride from them again. I could get Dragolya or Mistory to come get me but they don't have cell phones, not that I know of.
'Didn't you say you were going to pick me up?' I texted back trying to refresh her memory.
She texted right back. 'Nope. See you at home sweetie!'
I sighed. Great. How am I going to get home? I could ask someone for a ride, but I don't know anyone well enough to do that. Or I could try to contact Dragolya and Mistory to come get me, but I don't know if silent speaking can travel that far.
I heard a car speeding towards me, I realized I was still in the middle of the turn around. I spun around to be face to face with a cars grill and all I could do is raise my hands high enough to my face and close my eyes, then my burst of power exploded from inside me by instinct. The SUV had ricocheted off the invisible force, shattering it, making me cringe. The car bounced back a little, just enough to make it look like they just slammed on the brakes. I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the car in front of me. This SUV seemed familiar. I looked into to wind shield and at first my eyes widened, then say sank into fear.
Onyx looked frustrated that she was unable to hit me in time. She was breathing heavy breaths through her nose. She straightened and smiled in a cocky manner at me, raising her eye brows. She was still able to hit me.
People around me were gawking and saying there "oh my god" and "oh dear."
Onyx honked her horn at me making me flinch. I could move. I don't know if it was from my power exploding on impact, or just being in shock from almost getting hit by the car.
People began to walk up to me, but stopped when someone else held my shoulders gently and guided me off the road. A familiar smell came to my nose.
When we were off the road I turned around to see Hex. Without his bowler hat on, his hair was sticking up everywhere. He wore a burgundy sweater that was the softest thing in the world. "Are you okay?" He asked.
I looked over to the SUV. Onyx and the others in the car looked at Hex almost in horror. Onyx's window was down. "Your not suppose to be here." She said quietly, still looking at Hex in a disturbed way.
"Did you forget? I don't get told what to do." He said with a grin.
Onyx narrowed her eyes at him for a moment then she right back to looking him over cautiously as she drove away.
I looked from the car and back to Hex. "What was that about?" I questioned looking up at him.
"Are you okay?" He repeated.
"I'm fine now, what was that about?" I asked with more demand in my tone.
He noticed the tone in my voice. "Nothing." He stated harshly. I stared at him to pry out answers. "I'll give you a hint," he said in a sarcastically enthusiastic way. "It had to do with that time I saved you from the hunters' grasp." He said with a cheesy smile.
I groaned. "Your ridiculous."
"Thanks I try. Now Dragolya had me come and get you so you would have more time to train." He said guiding me through the parking lot.
"Wait, was that you who texted me pretending to be my mom?" I asked stopping us.
"No that was Dragolya. And don't worry, she didn't steal your moms telephone, she used her electricity to connect to the telephone and typed in the letters she needed with her mind." He explained, once again guiding us through the parking lot.
"Okay first of all," I said stopping us again. "It's a cell phone, not a telephone. Second, why didn't Dragolya come and get me herself?"
"Because," He pushed me along forcibly this time so I could stop. "I'm the only one with a license."
"License?" My effort to stop was minuscule compared to his strength. "Aren't we going to fly there?" We passed by a few trucks with their windows down and people in them, so I lowered my voice.
He gave me a look to keep me quiet as we kept walking towards to back of the parking lot. We stopped at a maroon Jeep that sat at an angle. "No, we can't fly from here, too many people and buildings." We hopped in the car and got buckled. "Besides," he said. "I like to drive."
We drove out of the parking lot and down the hill to the gas station. He drove up to a pump and pulled an old leathery wallet from his back pocket. He opened it and blindly pulled out a bill. There was like two-hundred dollars in there. "Here, could you get three Cokes please?" He handed a ten dollar bill to me. "You can get yourself something if you want." He hopped out of the car to pump gas.
I got out and circled the car to get to him. I held out the bill at a forearms length towards him. "Where do you get this money? Do you have a job?" I pressed. If he lived the same way as Dragolya and Mistory, then there would be no way he would have all of this money.
He never looked at me, but only the machine. "Nope. Not anymore at least..." After I didn't move he finally looked at me. "Go on." He shooed with his hand.
I turned and went in to the store. I heard him mutter something as I went through the doors. I went to the back to the cold drink section.
I wonder what job could Hex have gotten? Probably a bar tender or a gas station clerk or janitor. I shook my head. Never mind, I was just judging him hard core.
I grabbed three Cokes, my hands were just about full. I brought them to the front counter. "Can you watch these for a moment, I just to get one last thing." I asked the clerk.
He never looked at me, he was too involved in his Japanese show that was on his phone propped up on a book. "Shoor shoor..." He muttered.
I nodded and went back to the cooler for a Pepsi and brought it back.
"Ready?" he asked. When I nodded he proceeded to check out the drinks. "Oh you get someting for me too?" He joked with a wary smile.
I smiled and waited for him to ring up the rest of the drinks. I handed him the cash and he put the drinks in a black plastic bag. He gave me the change and I shoved it into my pocket.
An echo began in my head. "Stay in there till I say you can come out Amber."
"What?"
"Stay." He demanded.
He can't tell me what to do. I walked towards the front door. Wait, what if it's important, what if he's in trouble? I walked cautiously towards the door this time and looked out the window. A car was parked on the other side of Hex's Jeep, and people were talking to him. I couldn't see because the gas pump box was in the way.
I turned to the security screen near the door. I could see the black car side by side with the Jeep, Hex stood at the pump casually. Three men were present. Two faced Hex. Another lingered behind him. They all kept their distance.
I saw Hex's eyes glance at the camera. Suddenly all the cameras were slowly moved down so all could see was the ground. I couldn't see anything now.

************************************************
Who's talking to Hexacious?
Why?
Will Ambers moms madness continue?

Read on for answers!
Comment-like-VOTE!