Chapter Two

"Aubbie I'm not playing. Lay down."

Aubbie had been giving Nicki the hardest time since meeting her father and since then, all she ever wanted to do was watch him on TV.

That night Nicki had found his number in her pocket along with money, all one hundreds that totaled up to around ten thousand.

Who walks around with this much money in their pockets? Nicki asked herself. She put the money-all of it-into Aubbie's piggy bank and left it there.

"No. Daddy."

"Aubbie...go to bed. It's too late for this." Nicki rubbed her temples. Her two year old daughter refused to go to bed.

"Daddy!" she screamed at the top of her lungs and started crying.

"Aubbie stop crying please..." she was stressing Nicki and Nicki wanted to cry herself.

As a last resort of not being able to calm Aubbie, she called Drake. She was on the verge of tears herself. She had worked a fourteen hour shift and Aubbie wouldn't stop crying and screaming.

"Drake where are you?"

"I'm in Canada. I never thought you'd call. What's wrong with Aubbie?"

"She wants you. I want to go to bed. I just worked a fourteen hour shift. She keeps screaming for you and she won't listen to me at all."

Nicki looked over at Aubbie whose face was red and had tears racing down her cheeks. Her wild hair framing her face in tight natural ringlets.

"Can I speak to her?"

"Please..." Nicki handed Aubbie the phone who put it up to her ear with the mouth of the phone on her ear.

Nicki fixed the phone and Aubbie stopped crying.

"Daddy."

"Aubbie. Listen...if you be a big girl and stop crying, daddy will come see you okay?"

She sniffled, "Yeth."

"Okay I love you. Give mommy the phone."

Aubbie handed Nicki the phone and laid down. She was fast asleep in no time.

"What did you say to her?"

"I told her that I would come see her if she listened to you."

"Don't make her any promises that you don't intend on keeping Aubrey. Remember you did that to me..."

"Nicki, I've changed. I told you that. We need to talk anyway."

"Aubrey I'm tired."

"Well you don't have to work tomorrow so I'll call you in the morning."

"As a matter of fact I do have to work tomorrow."

"No. You're handing in a resignation tomorrow."

"No I am not Aubrey. I can't take that risk with you again. What if you leave again? I'll be stuck with nothing."

"I won't leave you or Aubbie ever. I regretted that decision as soon as I made it. I was so egotistical that nothing matter but my pride."

Nicki sighed. All she heard were broken promises. She wanted so badly to give in but she couldn't.

"Aubrey I can't. I just..." she trailed off at a loss for words.

"Okay I understand...but I also want to say thank you."

"For what?" Nicki asked confused.

"For raising our daughter, for being a good mother, for not trashing me for money like I know a lot of women would have, and for giving me an amazing daughter that I love so much. I'm going to make it up to you. I know you can't forget but I still want to."