Chapter 7

WARNING: Sexual themes.

You were exhausted after the amazing and eventful day at the waterpark with your boyfriends. It had been so eventful and you wished you could do it again in the future but you knew that it wasn't going to happen as Calum had told you that the owner of the park would only close his park once for them, because Calum had been of great help to him when times were rough for him. Closing the waterpark, only for a couple of people every once in a while, would not bring in the money as he has bills to pay.

It was Ashton that was sitting behind the wheel in Calum his car while Michael had taken place in the passenger seat next to him. You were, as always, sitting between Luke and Calum who each held one of your hands in their own, occasionally stroking over your fingers with their thumbs, tenderly. There was a comfortable silence in the car: the radio was off because nobody was in the mood to jam along with it.

How you managed to keep your eyes open and not fall asleep was a mystery to you. You've never felt this tired before. Even sitting took a lot of strength out of you. With a tired sigh, you let your head fall on Calum his shoulders while sending a small smile in Luke's direction, who smiled back before taking a look out of the window. Calum adjusted himself so you could lay on him better.

"Today has left you pretty tired, huh?" Calum said softly, smiling to himself, as he released your hand from his grip, only to start running it through your hair. You closed your eyes, pushing yourself closer, as you slowly nodded your head, murmuring a single word: "Yeah."

"Go to sleep, (Y/N). We'll be with you when you wake up," Calum promised you. You did not need to be told twice as you fell asleep two minutes later, comfortably pressed against Calum his warm body, who kept running his hands through your hair while Luke stroked your hand softly.

You were being woken from your dream when you felt yourself slowly getting thrown over someone his shoulder. You held your eyes closed and suppressed a yawn, waiting to fall asleep again when you heard the soft voices of your boyfriends, quietly talking to each other. You instantly sobered up when you heard them talk about you.

"Is it normal for a submissive to be so tired all the time?" Calum asked. You carefully opened one eye to see that you were in a room that you have never been in or seen before. You were not able to look around - to observe - that much because they still thought you were asleep. You were as still as ever and closed your eyes once more to give off the impression that you were asleep which you did on the exact right time as you felt yourself getting laid down on a soft bed.

"It is not that surprising to me," Ashton said. "Even though we are all linked together, our bond is still incomplete and unstable at this point because we haven't had sex yet. Because our bond hasn't been properly consummated yet, he's not able to handle all the power that he gives us via his mark. Power he lends to us."

"The vessel of our power," Luke murmured. You heard Ashton make an agreeing sound.

"Exactly," Ashton said before continuing. "Because dominants have proved to destiny to be unable to handle their power, she decided to give it all to a vessel - a submissive. That person is able to keep us from becoming too power-hungry or aggressive - they keep us grounded. (Y/N) is able to do that too. After all, he's not only our submissive but also our soulmate."

It was quiet for a few seconds before Calum's voice was heard: "But that doesn't explain why we four share the same submissive. It's standard for submissives to get linked to only one Dominant. Why do some get more than one? I don't understand."

"That's easy to answer if you think about it for a few seconds," Michael answered. "It means that the submissive in question is more powerful - he or she is able to handle more Dominants at once which, to me, is remarkable and out of this world. You have seen the trouble submissives with only one Dom have when it comes to controlling them, to help them and guide them not to rely on their power that much. That (Y/N) is able to handle all four of us when he is not even trying is just only more evidence, more proof of his strength, his power, and that we are very lucky to have him in our lives."