Nightmares and Dreams

*****Ami's POV*****

Gavin and I were watching TV as we heard the door slam fallowed by my parents worried voices calling my name.
"We are in here!!" I yell, waiting for them to run into the living room.
"Ami are you okay? The cops called and said someone broke in. Oh my God, look at you, you have bruises all..."
"MOM. CALM DOWN. LET ME ATLEAST TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED!" I yelled cutting her off in mid sentence, then explained the events that had taken place.
"It... It was Derreck?" My dad said with a  angry expression, "That bastard. How the hell did he get here? We sent him to boarding school in California. How the hell did he get to Louisiana?"
"Mom, Dad, there's something I need to tell you... You sent Derreck to boarding school because I told you that he was stealing and getting into drugs... He wasn't do any of that.."
"What do you mean Ami? If he wasn't doing that, then why would you tell us that..." My mom looked at me with a confused expression.
"Mom.. Derreck... He raped me... I told y'all that stuff because I didn't want Sophie(My little sister) to have to go through what I did.."
My mom started crying, she looked so crushed.. My dad hugged her and looked at me, "Why didn't you tell us that? If we would have known that... We would have made sure he wouldn't have ever gotten the chance.." He looked at my bruised cheek and my bruised legs, "to do this to you.."
"Gavin was the only person I told." I say as a tear rolls down my cheek.
My dad clenches his jaw, "Gavin, you knew, and didn't tell us?"
"Don't take it out on him! I told him not to say anything!!"