Chapter One

Willa's P.o.v.

I really wish we could have more breaks. I just got back to the dorm again since Christmas break is over. It was nice to spend some time at Jackson and Chance's house. It reminds me of when I was in high school. Too bad those days are over. Now I have to worry about college.

Too bad being an English teacher requires so much. Well I want to teach high school students so, whatever. Yeah that's my dream job. Grace wants to be an actress, Kingston a film director, and Misty a nurse. But for now we all are just college students with shit jobs on the side. Mine isn't too bad, I'm working for Chance. He bought Café Florista and gave me a job. The job did give me something amazing- Madison.

Who's Madison? She would be my girlfriend. What happened to Alice? We broke up at the beginning of October. I've been dating Madison for a month now. Why'd we break up? Separation. I felt that we were always too far apart and so I called it off. I was always either at the Café or at the college and she was always helping out Lizzy. We did date for quite a while though, two years I believe. But enough about the past, now I'm off to meet up with everyone for lunch.

"Hello everyone. Hey beautiful." I said and kissed Madison on the cheek. "So what's up?"

"Nothing much. Grace here believes that one of her professors is a demon though." Kingston said.

"Don't you babe?" He grinned at her.

"Yeah I do. That man is nothing but PURE EVIL!" She said.

"Let me guess, It's Mr. Sallins." Madison said.

"Yeah how'd you know?" Grace asked.

"I heard someone in one of my classes talking about what he did to one of the students. Is it true?"

"What happened?" I asked.

"He went off on this poor boy. The boy didn't even do anything! I felt so bad for him. He didn't deserve that earful." Grace said.

"I could hear the yells from my class." Misty said and shook her head. "Poor lad."

"Hey have you talked to Chelsea?" Kingston asked her.

"No. I haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks. I guess we aren't important enough to her to keep us informed on if she and Nans in all right." Misty said sadly.

When 12th grade ended Chelsea had to move. Her Nana wasn't doing well and so they left to go where her Aunt Rina lives and where there are better hospitals. Before she left she broke up with Misty, said that if she 'couldn't be there when she needed her than she just couldn't be with her'. It broke Misty's heart. She hasn't dated anyone since and she still gets really depressed when Chelsea is mentioned. They tried to stay friends at least but Chelsea stopped calling. That's when Misty started smoking.

"I'm sorry Misty." I said and held onto her hand.

"It's fine." That's a lie.

"You should really try to find someone new." Grace said and held onto her other hand.

"I'm just... not ready for that I guess." Misty said.

"It's alright hun. But just don't try to make yourself think that. You deserve the best and I really want you to accept her when she comes." I told her.

"Thanks Willa. Can we talk about something else?"

"How about Willa's hair! You leave with your normal purple and come back with that!" Kingston exclaimed.

"I was sick of curling my purple hair. Instead I thought slightly shorter, black straight hair would be nice." I shrugged.

"Such a surprise though. I was looking for my purple girl but instead its black! It looks amazing though." He said.

"Thank you kind sir." I bowed slightly.

The conversation took its normal turn for the random after that. From talk about penguins, pickles, and presidents to magic, movies, and mars.

The rest of the day was pretty boring. The most fun I had was taking a walk with Grace when the sun was setting. She departed after a while and I made my way to the fountain.

Some guy was playing guitar and a few girls were fawning over him. I clapped along when he finished. Madison came by after a while and she sat with me.

"You feel like going on a date this Saturday?" She asked.

"Sounds lovely." I said and pecked her on the lips.

"I really missed you over break. I stayed in my dorm all alone as always."

"You haven't gotten that new mate yet?"

"No I was told she was coming today. January isn't the best time to start. But she was apparently too busy in August, and September, and October, November, December..."

I laughed at the way she was saying it. "Just don't go all therapist in training mode on the poor girl."

"Aw well then what's the fun?" she pouted.

"I don't know, making a new friend?"

"I've already got you, Grace, Misty, and Kingston. What do I need another person for?" She asked.

"You can never have too many friends."

 "Oh but you could. You could get too many, not pay enough attention to your other friends, they'd get depressed, have to find a therapist, run into you again, and things would just be awkward then." She said and shook her head.

"You can be so serious sometimes but then you just go and be... weird." I laughed.

"Oh but you like it." She said seductively and kissed me. After a few more kisses she said goodbye.

I sat in the dark only illuminated by old lamps by the pavement. The fountains colored lights came on and I watched the shades change from pink, to purple, to blue, to red, to pink again.

I sighed and got up. I looked in across the way and I swore I saw-

"Alice?"