Chapter Thirteen

Willa's P.o.v.

After I texted Misty she left class immediately to come see what had happened. I briefly explained to her what happened with Madison as I got Alice some snacks from the hospital cafeteria. When we went back up to her room Alice grinned. I'm not sure what she was happier about- Misty or the fact that she now had something to eat.

"Hey girl.." Misty said. "Willa told me what happened." Alice smiled sadly and nodded. Misty sounded more choked up when she spoke next. "I- I can't help but feel responsible for this."

"What? No, Misty, why would you be responsible for this?" Alice asked.

"W-well it was my dorm room that you had l-left when you were attacked by that bitch a-and I should have watched out for you a-and not have kicked you out of my dorm and... and..." Misty couldn't finish her thought before she was already sobbing.

Alice motioned her over to her bed and hugged her as tightly as she could. She cried as she spoke.

"Don't you dare say it was your fault. If I hadn't been at your dorm building then I would have been some other place when she attacked me. It isn't your fault she is insane. At least since I was over there I was found by Willa not long after that had happened... I think.. I can't really know the time when I'm passed out." Alice joked.

Misty laughed threw her broken sob. She sniffled and wiped her eyes. "Would you like me to text everyone to come here?"

"Yeah.. yeah that would be nice. Willa, could you grab me my phone? It's in that drawer I believe. I need to call Lizzy."

I found her phone and handed it to her. Misty and I left the room as she called. Misty tapped her phone viciously, forwarding the message to everyone telling them to come to the hospital to room 221.

In less than an hour everyone in the gang was here.

Before they went in I told them what had happened. Lizzy was pissed that she was the only one who hadn't known that Alice and I had somewhat gotten back together. She seemed to hate me enough then but it just got worse as I told her it was my ex girlfriend who beat up Alice.

We went into the room and Alice smiled and greeted everyone. You could tell how happy she was just to see everyone together again. Maybe it wasn't the best reason for us to all be together, but she needed us and we were there this time.

Not long after her doctor entered.

"Oh, a full house I see. I just have a few things to tell Alice."

We nodded and moved to let him through. He had his papers and marked things as he spoke.

"Good news is you are healing quite nicely already. Most of the bruises aren't horrible, and the ones that are will be more sore, but will heal just as nicely with time. The cut will most likely leave a scar but a faint one at that. Your right arm as you can see is broken and you will have to come back to get the cast checked on and hopefully removed in about 6-8 weeks. We will be able to tell you more precisely when before you leave."

"And when exactly can she leave?" Lizzy asked.

"Soon. We just have to make sure she is perfectly stable. Most likely by tomorrow morning. One last question though. Do you mind my asking in front of your friends here?"

"Ask away." Alice said.

"We were informed about your medication before putting you on anything. We just have to ask and make sure you are still taking them?"

"Yes, I have been. Though I don't believe I need them so much anymore." She smiled towards me as she said this.

He nodded. "Just make sure you are leaned off of it by your regular healthcare provider before you stop taking them completely."

"I will. Is that all?" She asked.

"It is. I'll check on you later tonight and hopefully tell you more precise things."

We smiled as he left and then all scooter closer to Alice again.

We all laughed along and talked for a while before people started having to leave. Kingston had one last class to go to and Grace had come with him. Next Jackson and Chance had to go home for early hours at the Cafe the next day. Misty and I walked out into the hall as Lizzy and Alice talked alone for a bit.

"Tell her I said goodnight, alright? And don't stay up too late with her now." Misty said.

"Alright. Night."

"Night."

I walked around in the hall before coming close to the door again. I hadn't meant to listen in until I heard my name.

"Willa can't treat you like you deserve, Alice. Can't you see that?" Lizzy asked.

"No, Lizzy, I can't. Maybe it's just because I still love her, but I can't see that. At all." Alice replied.

"You know how hurt you are when she left you the first time. What if that happens again? I can't piece you back together like I did then. And do you really think all your 'friends' are going to stick around if she leaves again? Like they stayed last time?" Lizzy said.

"Listen, I know you hate Willa after what happened then. I was hurt and you hurt for me. But I am better now. She is back and we aren't even dating I don't think. We are just friends now. And yeah, this time I do plan on keeping my 'friends'. I love them and after seeing all of them show up, I know they still love me too. Don't you dare go speaking about them like that again."

Lizzy sighed. "Fine. But I can't help you like last time. Just know I warned you."

Lizzy started walking back towards the door and I walked farther down the hall so it didn't seem like I heard all of that.

"You can go in now." Lizzy said.

She turned and walked down the hall and out of sight.