Five

"You said this shit would wash off!" Lauren yelled into the phone.

"It will, just rinse it again and use that shampoo I got you."

Lauren groaned and hung up, heading back to the shower. She was too busy worrying that she didn't hear her bedroom door opening.

"Laur?"

Shit.

Lauren started panicking. Camila couldn't be here, her hair was still fucking silver and she was sure she'd left the mask from last night on the floor somewhere.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Just a sec, Camz!" She shouted.

Lauren prepared herself to come clean to Camila. The smaller girl would obviously see the mask and then her hair and make sense of everything. There would be no point in lying to her anymore. With a deep breath and a towel around her head, she left the bathroom adjoining her bedroom.

"Camila I can explain..."

Camila turned to look at her and furrowed her eyebrows. "Explain what?"

That's when Lauren noticed that Camila wasn't the only one in the room. Her brother, Chris, was there too and was sitting close to Camila. Too close.

"Chris? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Umm, not much, just wanted to see what you were up to sis," he explained. Lauren was confused, her brother was never in her room and never wanted to associate himself with her while her friends were around, so why was he acting like this all of a sudden...

"Ok... Well can you leave so Camila and I can talk?"

Chris widened his eyes and looked from his sister to Camila. "Oh! Um actually Laur, do you mind if we talk?" He asked, looking over at Camila, "alone?"

Camila got the hint and told Lauren she would wait downstairs for her.

"What the hell is your problem?" Lauren asked her brother.

"My problem?! What's yours?" that's when Lauren noticed the mask in his hand. "Oh."

"Yeah Lauren, 'oh' is right! Did you seriously think you could go to a masked party and make out with your best friend without getting recognized?" Lauren's eyes almost left the socket. "Dude I saw you there! And I have no idea what kind of bullshit you told Camila but I'm guessing it had something to do with me cause her jaw almost hit the ground when she saw me there."

"Camila saw you at the party? Fuck." Lauren sighed dramatically and fell onto the bed. "You cannot tell her dude," she begged.

"I won't, but be careful next time! I knew you wouldn't have told her, so I barged in here before she could see this," he waved the mask around.

"Thanks," Lauren said truthfully.

*********

Ok that was weird. Camila thought.

She waited patiently for the Jauregui siblings to finish their conversation so she could talk to Lauren. She had so much to tell her.

"Hey, sorry about that, my brother's a tool," Lauren explained, walking towards the couch.

"It's fine, I actually really wanted to talk to you though, urgently."

Lauren had an inkling of what Camila wanted to talk about so she didn't say anything.

"Are you doing anything later?" Camila asked.

"Actually, I can't do anything today, my parents sort of got on my case because I let Chris go to that party last night."