Nine

"So yeah, me and Camila are dating," Lauren admitted.

They had gotten showered and ready, separately and headed downstairs to try and explain to Lauren's mom what exactly she had walked in on.

"Wow." Clara sighed. "So your brother wears pants tighter than my leggings, your sister wears boy clothes and you're the one that came out gay..interesting." She mused.

"Really mom? I tell you that I basically catfished Camila for ages and that's the only thing you come up with?" Lauren asked.

"Oh come one sweetheart, anybody with eyes could see that you only had yours for that girl."

Camila blushed and held Lauren's hand tighter.

"Yeah, anybody but her," the green eyed muttered, looking at her best friend.

"Ok lovers, get to school. Camila, were you the one to do that to Lauren?" Clara asked, pointing to her daughter's neck.

Camila nodded, scared of what Lauren's mother would say.

"Ok. Please don't do it again, apart from the fact that it looks tacky, it's also dangerous, it can cause serious health problems. Aside from that, Lauren, you're not longer grounded. I'll see you later and please make good choices."

Lauren smiled widely and thanked her mother. She kept a hold of Camila's hand and the two left the house, driving to school together.

"Stop looking at me," Camila chuckled.

They were driving to school and at every turn and red light and stop sign, Lauren would peek a glance at the younger girl.

"I can't," she muttered.

Camila looked back at her and sent her a shy smile.

"You ready?" Camila asked when they arrived at the school.

"I should be asking you that, everybody already knows how gay I am."

"Would everybody stop saying stuff about me being gay, the only reason I'm worrying right now is because of what people will say about me dating you. Not about me dating a girl. Does that make sense?" She groaned.

"Not really," Lauren chuckled. "But come on," she took Camila's hand and walked them inside the building.

As expected, some people ogled at them and some stared. Some didn't say anything, thinking that friends would normally act the same way.

"Yo!" Dinah shouted, approaching them.

"Hi Dinah," they said at the same time, looked at each other and giggled.

"Ew. You two are even in sync. Goodbye."

Lauren raised her eyebrows in confusion. "Ok, that was weird. Why do you think she came here?"

Camila shrugged and closed her locker. "Probably wanted to know why people were talking. Come on, we have English together."

*************

"I don't want you to go," Lauren moaned.

"It's only for two hours and then you'll see me at lunch.

"I know, but I still don't want you to go." Lauren groaned.

Camila grinned and kissed Lauren softly. "I'll see you soon."

"See you soon," Lauren smiled, watching the younger girl walk away.

Camila didn't even need to turn around to know what Lauren was doing. "And stop staring at my butt!" She shouted.