Six

Camila was a little confused. Did Lauren hand those keys in, knowing the message it had inside? Did Lauren speak to Mitch? Was Lauren...? No. Definitely not.

"Camz!"

"Huh?"

"Jesus! I've only been calling your name for the past 20 minutes, where the hell are you?" Lauren asked, facing the road but taking glances at the brunette every now and then.

"Nothing, I was just thinking."

Lauren accepted the answer and went back to driving, Camila raised the volume of the music so that she wouldn't have to speak to Lauren. Her mind was still turning with all the possibilities of why Lauren would have handed those keys in to reception.

"Hey, can you drop me off at home, I'm not really in the mood for ice cream," Camila said.

"Yeah sure, everything ok?" The green eyed asked.

When Camila nodded her head, Lauren got the hint that she didn't want to talk about it. She knew her friend would eventually vent to her if she really needed to let something out.

Camila thanked Lauren for the ride and walked up the driveway to her house. She didn't even glance back before shutting the door harshly.

To: Mitch 💕 - what's the deal with you and Lauren? You obviously know each other.

To: Mitch💕 - I've been so patient with you and I know I told you that I would wait until you were ready to come clean to me but this is weird Mitch. I need something, anything. Things just aren't adding up and there are so many coincidences.

To: Mitch 💕 - I know you said you weren't able to text me so just message me as soon as you can please.

Camila threw her phone on her bed and sighed heavily. She needed answers. Yes; she liked this girl and truly felt like she was falling for her but how healthy is it to have something with someone you've never even seen, face wise.

She swore she was going crazy.

***********

Lauren was a little apprehensive at letting Camila go home without so much as a conversation but maybe she would get answers when she got home and spoke to her as 'Mitch'.

No such luck.

When Lauren checked her messages, her heart plummeted. She was panting in nerves and unsure what to do. Could she come clean to her best friend? Hell no. Not only would she lose Camila but she would also be seen as a joke to her other friends. Camila would, no doubt, tell them and she would be left with no friends. Not to mention the fact that she would lose her best friend for good.

To: ❤️❤️ - Camila

The response was almost instant.

From: ❤️❤️ - don't 'camila' me.

To:❤️❤️ - you said you were fine with how things were babe

From:❤️❤️ - and I was, but I need more. How am I going to explain to my parents or my family that I'm in a relationship with someone whose face I've never seen...be honest with me, were you ever thinking about telling me?

To:❤️❤️ - I'm scared

From:❤️❤️ - scared of what?!

Lauren couldn't reply. She couldn't keep the conversation going. She could barely see the screen with the tears that were falling down her face and making everything blurry.