"Drink for me"

What the fuck are birds so excited about at 5 am?

Groaning, I stuffed my face in my pillow. I couldn't go back to sleep. I hadn't had proper sleep for a month now. It wasn't anything new. And per usual, I was left a sleep-deprived mess. Alone with a head full of endless thoughts.

I needed to find a way to shut them up.

So many questions in my mind. Always so curious.

I had slept the night over at the Tudor house. Which turned out to be Caden's. He wasn't the only one in the house though. He had quite the number of guests. I hadn't met them yet but from their voices I could tell there were 5 or 6 other people in the house. I would have met them if it weren't for Caden. I don't think he trusted me much because instead of going through the front entrance where the middle-aged hooded lady went through, we entered from one of the side doors. Where I didn't have the chance to see anyone.

This guy had a thing for back doors, I swear.

I was given a room with a big window. It was a cozy room, so I didn't complain much when Caden refused to let me go back to my place. He said something about it being too risky. He didn't touch much on it and looked so tired that I didn't have it in me to push him for more information.

So here I was. Questions popping in my head left and right. No one to answer them.

I was being so intuitive as well. More than usual. My intuition was going through the roof. It felt so strong at times that I felt like I had no control over my body. It bothered me to no end. But I couldn't get a grip on it.

I couldn't get a grip on my eyes either when they darted to the door. I saw the shadow of two feet behind my door before I heard a soft knock.

I sat up. "Come in."

The door opened quietly revealing a freshly showered Caden. "I could hear you shuffling. Figured you were awake." He sounded very wakeful. Definity a morning person.

Couldn't relate for the life of me.

His bare feet padded on the floor as he made his way to me. As he got closer, I started to wish that my hair didn't look like the bird's nest it usually was when I woke. He looked so good that I started to feel self-conscious.

I wish I was a caterpillar. Eat a lot. Sleep for a while. Wake up beautiful.

I looked more like a panda.

He sat himself on the bed. It took a few seconds before he started to stifle his laugh. "Don't you look beautiful." He said it with a thick coat of sarcasm.

"You're like the human version of a headache you know that?" I replied. His laugh was contagious. I cracked a smile.

"I was actually really worried about you yesterday."

Me being fucking amazing with emotional moments, I shrugged it off and changed the subject. "You never answered my question-No, no, make that questions."

He leaned back so that he was now lying on the bed. Running both his hands in his hair. "You have so many questions."

"Which you fail to answer." I raised both my eyebrows at him. Looking down at his figure. He only ever told me what he deemed necessary. If he had it his way, I don't think he would tell me anything. "Hey, I'm not that stupid. Maybe I could be of help."

He pondered on it for a second before telling me what I needed to know.

He started to tell me about the dissenter. Apparently, they were people- most likely human- with the belief that werewolves should be no more. So, their goal in life was to go on a killing spree and kill any wolf they encountered. It was still a mystery to how they discovered them. Caden however was using their knowledge to his advantage. What he did was find their prey before they did and hopefully have them agree on joining the pack. He had to be extra cautious though. If they discovered Caden and his clan, they wouldn't hesitate to put an end to their plans and more importantly their lives.