◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀

ash//

I was called into the police station days after Emerald Taylor died. "Can you explain to me why you were there that morning." The sheriff looked at me, eyeing my many tattoos. I smirked without feeling and said, "I was leaving flowers on her porch, like I've been doing every morning for months." He shook his head. "Why would someone like you, buy flowers every single morning, for a girl like Emerald Taylor?" He asked, his mustache annoying me every time he spoke. "I loved her. She knew it too. She told me the first time she tried." I said emotionless. He glared at me. "You think this is funny son?" I finally looked that man in the eyes. "The girl I love just died and you're sitting here blaming me for her killing herself." I stated. "I just want to know why." He said sitting across from me in his chair. "I loved that girl for many reasons. She left a piece of herself wherever she went, she'd always help people. She would lay on the ground if someone needed to get across a puddle without getting their shoes wet. She was too busy worrying about everyone else, she forgot about herself, and maybe that's why she felt so empty. Maybe that's why she decided to quit, because she didn't know how to help herself. I just know I'll never forget that girl. She left pieces of herself down the streets of Sydney, and I'm sure as hell gonna make sure her work is lived on." I said to him, tears filling my eyes as said the words. "How are you gonna make it live on?" He asked me a few minutes after I quit talking. "By making sure someone always remembers her and what she did for people, some who don't even remember her. Making sure the pieces she dropped from herself stay alive, since she couldn't do it anymore." 

//

I'm crying oops